Sunday, August 29, 2004

This tank top is going to be the death of me

I swear, it's a good thing I'm exceptionally stubborn, or this tank top might just start pissing me off. SO, went to the new shiny happy yarn store in OP, KS. Love it there, it's open, friendly, lots of good magazines & books and pretty yarns, but no one there can make suggestions for yarn substitutions or give much help beyond very basic needs. Maybe they are there, but the few times I've needed help and been ready to spend $$ I left there with empty hands and a frustrated attitude. Went to the old tiny Knit Wit in Olathe, and the owner, shop employees and customers were amazing. I ended up with a ton of choices for the gauge and look of the sexy tank I want to stitch. I was also warned by both the owner and one of the customers that I should really think about starting something a little less complicated, but then the customer helped me find a combination of yarns that I could at least see the stitches of....

That said, I'm going INSANE. But, I'm on the 3rd start now. This stuff is a combo of the slickest fibers I've ever touched and a knotted little skinny yarn as well. Trendsetter yarns in Sunshine (shiny black) and Tahki Yarns Pansy which when rolled up in a little ball, is a gorgeous mix of greens and neutrals, when unstrung, is a skinny, knotted MESS, but still looks good. The gauge swatches I scanned don't do justice to this, it looks pretty cool when worked up. The other fun part of this is it is impossible for me to rip out and start up again, I just give up, slip it off the kneedles, cut it and toss it. Good thing I got extra yarn.

I also picked up some yarn and a kids' poncho pattern for when I get too frustrated to deal with the tank (like NOW) to make for Beth.

Didn't do much this weekend, went to Barbie Man & Tool-Man's house to hang out and watch a movie, ate too much, exercised too little, and spent a lot of time hanging with the kids. Today we're off to the library and the park. Should be a good time. I'm bringing the poncho along, leaving the tank-to-be in the closet.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...