Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Bad Hair/Attitude Day

"I have a new philosophy. I'm only going to dread one day at a time."
--Charles Schultz

So, woke up with a not stellar attitude. Took a shower, decided my hair wasn't all that bad, but I wasn't going to do a damn thing to it other than brush it. Got out the KC Royals hat. The best thing about wearing a hat is you can totally be antisocial and no one notices. It's like an invisibility cloak, you dip your head ever so slightly, no eye contact. Just right for me today. Except for the candle incident. I can't start a lighter without burning my stupid thumb, and I can't strike a match the normal way. I've got to fold the book over backwards and pull the match out and it lights. I got ahold of a super match or something because the thing flared up and almost lit the brim of my hat on fire. Scared the crap out of me and I almost dropped the thing in my lap. That'll wake you up.

Got the new pretty bowling ball all ready to go. Hope it won't fall off my thumb. we'll see. I'm so poor this week, I'm going to have to make money at the tournament this weekend, extra incentive. School supplies, clothes, school fees, book fees, lunch fees, CHILD CARE fees...I'm getting tired of eating sandwiches from home. I know, I know "Smart Women Finish First" book says you need to resist temptation to spend a few dollars here and there so you don't live perpetually poor (as I do). I was very proud of myself for driving PAST the Subway next to the bowl pro shop today. BUT proud doesn't taste nearly as good as a stufft burrito from Taco Bell or a grilled chicken sandwich from Subway.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...