Monday, August 23, 2004

They haven't fired me yet...

"If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament."
--Florynce Kennedy

Isn't that the damn truth? That about sums it up. I'm now the evil one at work as I'm the rebel "liberal" (Democrat) baby-killing (pro-choice, gasp) woman who's put the sanctity of marriage on the line (nope, not by being twice divorced, but by having gay friends). Gasp again. I've GOT to learn to keep my mouth SHUT at work. One little comment turns into this snowball rolling down the hill that will demolish whole settlements at the bottom of the cliff.

Also spoke up at the wrong time in a meeting and almost kicked myself as I did it. SHUT SHUT SHUT the mouth. Nothing changes and I just end up with more work.

Update on the big tournament. I started off hot and looked like I knew what I was doing. I had all these people coming up to me thinking I was from out of town and asking ME for tips. Ha ha ha. THEN 3 games to go, bowled a stinking 159 and watched all those pretty bonus pins I'd earned go down the drain. Couldn't come back from that and finished out of the finals. Oh well. Good thing was I was apparently in better shape than I've been in for years as I was able to still throw the ball and wasn't dying by the 5th game. I was proud of myself anyway, I won a couple of brackets and beat the KC chics I wanted to finish ahead of. Yup, I'm petty. That's part of my charm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...