Friday, August 27, 2004

Survived the week, well almost

"Don't threaten me with love, baby. Let's just go walking in the rain."
--Billie Holiday

So, still have the job, just a little more work to go with the same old pay. Life goes on. I've got to start doing eBay again or I'm going to be beyond poor.

GOT my double-pointed needles for the I-cord on the felted purse last night. I sat down, watched the US men get booed forever before their race finally started and i-corded my little heart out. It was amazing! I now have the 50" strap and the little closure strap done. I've just got to sew it together and then I get to FELT! I'm too excited. I've also got to figure out my washing machine. It's one of those things with buttons and computer chips and crap. I'm not sure how to get it to agitate over & over, but I guess I'll find out.

Spent an hour in the new Yarn Store in OP. Wandered around and fell in love with this amazing poncho that has long cuffs and a ribbed neckline. The yarn to make it would be $96 plus tax plus needles. I've found a million more reasonable poncho's that would take a lot less yarn, but this one has STYLE. I tried to get the mystic & mystique yarn used in the easy tank in the Girlfriend's book, but they hadn't even heard of it, let alone stock it. Have to check in Olathe and on the web. I'm sure I could substitute, but I thought until I learned what the heck I was doing, it would be good to use the yarn it was designed in. Still think I have to have the cool poncho...can't decide. They also didn't have any angora. I wanted to make up one of the keyhole scarves to see how they turned out for xmas presents, but will have to try to find that elsewhere as well.

Going to work out and get measured. UGH. This should be motivational, as I've been a lazy ass these last 2 weeks...

Jildo's coming to visit this weekend! woo hoo! Can't wait to see her. Also can't find a damn babysitter, so it'll probably be a slow night, but we can stay up late talking and eating and all that good girl-stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...