Tuesday, August 17, 2004

My little stash

"Lead me not into temptation; I can find the way myself."
--Rita Mae Brown

OK, we need more details here. My first scarf I knit was from the memorable women line from Schaefer Yarns. I used Helen Keller and it turned out SO cute and colorful. I've lived my life wearing black, black, black, white, white, white and khaki, khaki, khaki. I've decided to bring some color into my life. I was so proud of it and loved it so that I wore it all winter, spring and even pulled it out this summer a few times.

Jildo's scarf is also from the memorable women line of Schaefer Yarns, in Margaret Sanger. Her story is pretty cool, in 1916, she opened the first birth control clinic. After being arrested many times, she ended up the first president for Planned Parenthood International. I was so inspired that even in the early 1900's this woman was brave enough to speak out and act out for helping women control their own lives. I also love the vibrant colors and the bumpy texture. I'll make my daughter's winter scarf from this as well once I take a break and finish my felted party purse.


My son doesn't like being left out as most of the knitting patterns I've found so far are "too girly" for my tough 4 1/2 yr old little man. One of the older ladies hanging out at the Olathe shop suggested another Schaefer Yarn that looks like camouflage when knitted up, so that will be Joey's scarf this winter. He's all excited.

My felted party purse is being knitted with 2 strands of Noro Kureyon color yarn. It's GORGEOUS. I can't wait to make a hat & scarf from it for me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...