Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Jildo's Keyhole Scarf is DONE

"There are days when it takes all you've got just to keep up with the losers."
--Robert Orben

Went to my son's mandatory preschool orientation meeting. TWO HOUR mandatory meeting, even though my son has gone to this preschool for the last 2 years. Got smart, brought along my keyhole scarf, knitted my little heart out...knit one pearl one knit one pearl one...and FINISHED IT! Woo hoo! Got to weave in the ends and it's on it's way to Jildo!

While I was knitting away, I kept feeling these two women staring at me. A lot of people glance at you when you're knitting in public, trying to figure just what in the hell you're doing, but these chics were STARING at me. They each came up after the meeting and one used to knit years ago and forgot how. The other is dying to learn. I told them we should start a little mom's group for when we're at these things.

I re-familiarized the old knitter with the basics again and felt like such the knitting goddess. I need to stick in an extra pair of needles and a hank of yarn to take out with me. Kind of scary, the knitting virgin teaching others... but it was fun too.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...