Friday, February 25, 2005

WARNING--Long-ass post

OK, first of all, thanks ladies, I'm feeling much better about venting. I'm staying in this damn state and I am still going to love it, but I am going to STAND UP for what I believe in. It may only by voting and spreading the truth and differing opinions where I find it, but by GOD, I'm going to make my little part of the world better. OK, off the soap box. Back to the normal flighty me. :)

I did the boobie thing. Mamogram of COURSE didn't show a damn thing as I'm not 40 yet (getting closer every day) so the tissue is a bit dense. I keep telling them that, but ah well, I guess they need practice squeezing little half-a cups in the machine. Did you know us "little women" get an extra damn piece of plastic to help squish? It's pretty sad. At one point I think the lady had a rib bone in there as well, I swear I heard it separate from the rest of my rib cage. Sonogram showed one cyst in the left one and about 5 in the right. The left one had some blood in it, but is not supposed to be any big deal. I have to stay on very low caffeine and will have them aspirated (doesn't that word sound better than STICKING A LARGE NEEDLE IN YOUR BREAST WHILE YOU DON'T MOVE) in a couple of weeks. YEAH for me! No masses, no surgery, no scary stuff. Ok, one thing was slightly spooky. I'm laying there on the table, squishy stuff on my boob, and am watching the screen while the cysts show up as black holes in the midst of gauzy-looking tissue. At one point, I swear an alien face with a screaming mouth showed up. It was FREAKY! The tech kind of jumped a bit and looked at me and we both cracked up. I said, nothing better be springing out of my chest like Alien here, right??? Try as we could, the image didn't come back like that, I wanted her to take a picture for my blog! The cysts were quite artistic.

The sun was shining on this beautiful day, MAN it was hard to drive back to work!!

I'm also officially house hunting now!!! I'm trying to move to "the village", no not a cool part of NYC, a quiet little part of southern KC that I LOVE. Actually, the house right across the street from Mark & Russell is for sale, and would be PERFECT for me, but it's a bit over-priced (ok a LOT overpriced) and has structural damage and a furnace that dates to the 1960's. So, I'm looking a little longer. It did have the coolest tiny little kitchen complete with the ORIGINAL oven & range & a chrome exhaust fan in the wall that looked like it would suck you right through to the outdoors if you pulled the chain to crank it up.

OH, I got the esperanza rolled into balls at Knit Wits and ended up with ANOTHER FREAKING BOOK. But I couldn't help it. It's the new Pursenalities. I know, I know, I don't need any more damn books, but this one is COOL!!!

I took this from Robin's blog, who TAGGED me for the tivo thing:




You're A Prayer for Owen Meany!

by John Irving

Despite humble and perhaps literally small beginnings, you inspire
faith in almost everyone you know. You are an agent of higher powers, and you manifest
this fact in mysterious and loud ways. A sense of destiny pervades your every waking
moment, and you prepare with great detail for destiny fulfilled. When you speak, IT
SOUNDS LIKE THIS!



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



OK, I'll give them the LOUD part! It was a cool quiz as there are 64 different answers instead of the normal 3 or 4 catch-all answers, so go & tell me what book you are!

TAGGED:
TV Meme:
1. How much space is left on your Tivo or Comcast box?
I'm a poor little single mamma, so I'm still doing the damn vcr thing. I do have about 12 tapes I use over & over.

2. Have you ever bought a DVD of a TV series and if so which one?
Will & Grace, but I still want Seinfeld

3. What was the last TV show that you all watched before reading this message?
Some chic doing standup on Comedy Central. I wasn't paying all that much attention as my kids are NOT sleeping yet tonight!

4. List 5 shows you won't miss.
The Daily Show, Jon Stewart (my daily dose of liberalism & humor)
Will & Grace
the West Wing
What Not to Wear
Everybody loves Raymond

5. Name 3 people to whom you will pass this stick.
I never know who to send these things to, I'm going looking to see who's not yet been tagged!

Also, sorry for the lack of comments lately on everyone's blogs, I am reading my little heart out, but I am not able to comment while at work, so I'll catch up this weekend!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...