Saturday, February 12, 2005

She tagged me.....ouch

OK, so if you don't like these little blog tag lines, don't read.

Beth from Diamonds and Pearls got me...BTW I love that she loves Earth Wind & Fire. One of the first concerts I ever went to was EW&F. Quite the experience for a skinny little butt-white sheltered girl! There is nothing like seeing these guys come down to the stage in a sea of smoke/fog inside planets that open to the bwaa bwaa bwaa funky base going....what memories....I don't actually remember most of the concert, as there was a tiny bit of alcohol involved combined with the haze of funny smoke coming from the audience outdoors at Sandstone!

1) Total amount of music files on your computer:
.....3.42 gigs. Lotsa songs. I'm hoping to spring for an ipod or something soon, maybe with tax refund $$.

2) The last CD you bought was:
.....Frank Sinatra the Film Collection, not one of his better cd's. I like it when he's obnoxious and the music's kickin', not the almost elevator music stuff. Before that one it was Shrek 2 soundtrack, which I bought for the kiddies, but actually crank the tunes, roll down the windows and jam out to it.

3) What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?
.....You've Got a Friend in Me from the Disney Greatest cd. We just moved from Superstar Kids cd where my kids were dancing around like fools to Sk8rboi. My daughter is so much like me it's scary, and my son dances just like his Uncle Will, who does have attitude, but not quite the rhythmic sense he thinks he has.

4) What are your five favorite songs and why they mean the most to you:
.....Music is my release. I never quite know who sings anything, but all it takes to get me feeling happy is driving down the road with the windows down, roof windowthing open, music up and either air conditioner on or the heater cranked and the butt-seat-heater cooking. I freaking love it. I hope to live to be a little old lady cruising down the road with my tunes cranked! Look out drivers!
Favorites, in no particular order...

There You Go, by Pink.....There you go, looking pitiful....just because I let you go.... This one became my strong woman song that rebuilt my fragile ego during a rough divorce. I still like it because I'll always be a bit bitter, and I enjoy the fact that I'm strong.

It's the End of the World As We Know It, by REM.....I can't hear this song without dancing around in circles. I will always think of Jildo and I dancing to this one, not caring about the world! It's a shiny happy people song (sorry B52's, I am always stealing that line)

You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You, Goody Goody, The Lady is a Tramp, on and on from Frank Sinatra...... I just love this man, and the whole Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr. RatPack thing.... koo koo baby. OH I love this whole era, drinking all night, swing clubs, dressing up, mmmmmmm too much fun.

I'll Be There For You, by the Rembrandts How can you not love this song? And Oh, I miss my Friends!

Rock Lobster, by the B52's OH, this one we danced to as high school kids and at the down...down...down...part everyone danced down to the floor where you flopped around and then back up for bopping around jumping and slam dancing...Yes, I am a geek. If you haven't figured that out yet, I'm sorry for you. A Geek. And proud of it.

Time of Your Life, by Greenday I want this one played at my funeral. Weird, maybe, but I have had the time of my life. I haven't had what most people would consider the most exciting life, but I try to find joy in the stupid little things.

Anything from Violent Femmes, but mostly Add it Up & Blister in the Sun
More driving with the windows down music.

ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING from Harry Connick Jr. His music is good and he's extra yummy himself.

I have such a strange mix of music on my computer, Garth Brooks, Brooks & Dunn, Reba, The Blues Brothers, Funk, Pop, Rap, Soul, Blues, LOVE MY SWING, Disney, be-bopping teen music, soundtracks, classical, Motown, you name it, I listen to it. I'm like a schizophrenic musician. I also played the flute, piano, drums, tuba and was the one girl out of 22 sousaphone players in the KU Marching band (until I flunked out from drinking and NOT going to class). See, a geek.

5) What 3 people are you going to pass this baton to and why?
...I don't know! Everyone's already been tagged or are no longer blogging!!! I will probably make Amanda do it just to make her blog an entry and I'll do some reading to catch someone else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...