Thursday, February 17, 2005

bigwig work update

Well, we had a "corporate meeting" this morning. They told us they are planning on being in business for some time to come. They started with three people and are very happy with what we are doing now and how everything is getting done with much less overhead and much less capital. I think they finally realized it was getting to where no one wanted the owners to come to town as each time people were out of a job. I think they realized the problem was when local bossman said "We're closing the doors tomorrow" the other day, and we all gasped and assumed we were out of jobs, he meant we were closing January's billing figures, but forgot to say that. I kind of laughed and told Ms. Boss that I figured getting the shirts meant we were here for a little longer.

*Sigh* So, no more stress for a while on the job front. I'm glad as (except for the low pay) it is the ideal situation for me & my little ones. I'm able to work around their school stuff and Joey's illness and I couldn't ask for more. Well, I'm sure I COULD, but I'm not gonna. I kind of enjoy being paid on a regular basis.

I feel like that old character, "they like me, they really like me." I'm glad I"m back in good graces with the powers that be. Yes, I'm a dork. But I'm a dork with a job that lets me work from home when I need to. Besides, how could I buy yarn with no $$???? Hey, I could live on food stamps, but food stamps doesn't buy the angora!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...