Tuesday, March 01, 2005

I wanna make this

Tempting by Knitty, but I don't have any yarn. Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, 6 skeins, too much $$. I'm thinking I'm going to try to find a substitute. Any ideas? I am going to go looking and googling to see what other knitters have used. Maybe knitpicks would have a cheaper substitute, hmmm. Green, grey, can't decide. I think the ribbing on this sweater should make up for any not-great fitting problems and make a better first sweater.

Watched the last NYPD Blue. So sad, all my shows are gone, ok, almost all my shows. West wing is still there, but it's just not the same. I'm gonna miss my Sipowitz and those other pretty boys.

My daughter's elementary 1-3 grades musical night was tonight. It's such a trip. All those kids so dressed up and nervous. My daughter's best friend had a solo, where she sang this Japanese song all by herself and was awesome! The other "solo's" were kids singing one line to the mike while the rest of the class sang behind them. My daughter's big "solo" was shouting "yeah, yeah" and "oh yeah" at syncopated rhythms with the song going on in the background. She was loud, on time, and I was cracking up as at the end, she did a major hair flip with her hand (where did she learn that?) and gave a grin to the crowd where her little brother said "THAT'S MY SISTER". Cracked me up.

All bosses are gone now, the local boss is out of cell-phone range, which means that all the clients and vendors that NEVER normally call are NOW calling with immediate need-answer stuff. I am working ENTIRELY too hard for me being in charge! Something is wrong with that picture.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...