Friday, September 03, 2004

Yarn Yarn Yarn!

"Nice guys finish last, but we get to sleep in."
--Evan Davis

SO, spent some time in the Yarn Store & More in OP. I know, I know, I wasn't pleased the last few times I went in there, but I made up for that with my checkbook...

I'll attach some pics this weekend, but I got some GOOD stuff! I'm all excited and now I have too many projects going on at once, but they're all fun and also only about 2" long.

Got some good stuff for the sexy tank, it's now about 1 1/2" long with tiny size 3 needle stitches. It might just be finished in time for NEXT year's Xmas fling, but I'm going to find a way to get it done before this year if it kills me.

Before I found the goodies for the sexy tank, I got a pretty green-ish brown heavy worsted with a touch of tweed for the Summer in the City tank and got about 2" done on the back.

While working on the Summer in the City tank gauge, saw this lady sit down with some Spangle pink variated fluffy stuff and got one skein and size 17 needles and while watching the KC Chiefs lose last night for about an hour got about 2 feet of it done. This will be a bday present for my daughter in Nov.

Started her poncho, which has LITTLE stitches and after working forever, it's now about 3" long. I brought it to work and got laughed at when I said, check out the poncho I'm making....and held up this little tiny thing... It was pretty sad.

Joey's still wanting "boy stuff" so I'm going to have to do some searching out there. I'm not ready for sleeves yet, plus the kid doesn't like sweaters. I've almost finished his camouflage scarf & mini scarves for his stuffed animals, and need to find something else. Everything's pink, fluffy, fun, and girly, so I'll try to find something.

Back to the dungeon that is my life here at work...gonna sit in the sunshine this afternoon and do a few rows of the poncho.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...