Friday, September 10, 2004

More life crap

"If you have fun at your job, I think you're going to be more effective."
--Meg Whitman, President and CEO of eBay

HHmmmmm. What a concept. I remember a time long, long ago in a place far, far away where I worked in this small bank branch in NM and once we got rid of the one poisonous-attitude bitch we LOVED it. We won all the awards for the company with accuracy and top sales, customer retention and the works because we LIKED each other and SUPPORTED each other. Wierd, huh? Enough bitching, gotta piss or get off the pot.

Life plan update--> Dad wasn't being supportive, he wasn't listening to me. He is still supportive, but now his advice is to "milk that job for each and every little dollar they decide to give you and be thankful...get the degree...THEN worry about something else to do." Ah well.

New plan, update resume. Apply for the heck of it, keep on track to finish the last few credits by mid-October. Get financial aid applied for and apply for grad school or teacher certification, GET OUT by Xmas vacation.

Knitting update --> worked my little fingers till they almost didn't move last night. The poncho for my daughter is now about 7 inches long. I'm aiming for about 19", so I've got some serious knitting to do still as it gets bigger as it gets longer. I'm also realizing I need to get over the love I have for thin, pretty yarns and try to adapt to the big stuff as it goes FASTER.

Best part of the weekend coming up --> I've still got a $52 credit at Knit Wit in Olathe! Might just have to mosey over for a look-see.... YES I've still got 4 projects going at once, but I'm close to finishing the fluffy pink scarf, so if that gets done, I'm going shopping.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...