Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Going knitting today!

I'm making a run for Knit Wits in Olathe, KS for my EXACTLY 45 minute lunch today, going to have to CRUISE! I was just knitting my little heart out Friday night, making some serious progress on the easy tank I started, got about 6" done on the back side when I realized I'd purled about 8 stitches in the middle of the previous row when it should have been knitted. Of course, since so far my version of fixing mistakes is ripping the whole thing out and starting over, so I had to put it in the bag and am going to ask my little all-knowing-knitting-customer friend to show me how to do the thing where you slip in another smaller needle in the row below the mistake and rip to there. I tried, but felt like an idiot as I didn't know which parts of stitches to put in front and behind the needle. So, I'm gonna LEARN something today.

The Monday morning meeting with the owners was not quite sunshine and roses today. No one even said "don't worry". This is what seems to be the new philosophy around here:



I'm just going to hide quietly and do my stuff, knit my little heart out at lunch, and get the heck out at 5:01pm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...