Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Long weekend's over

"Seize the moment! Remember all the women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart."
--Erma Bombeck

You know, that's probably what I would've been thinking on my way down. Yeah, there's that loss of life, sorrow and all that, but I'd be thinking DAMN I should've eaten that 2nd piece of chocolate cheesecake...

SO, great weekend!! JILDO came to town! Woo Hoo! Man, it's sad when you realize you're old enough that your memories are wilder than you are! We caught up, talked a lot, ATE a lot, went gambling, stayed up late, had a good time. YOU get back to KC soon! We have a lot of unfinished business to take care of...Missy B's drag queen show, back to the boats, eating, all the good stuff! I also realized that we must have killed a few too many brain cells in the old days as when we talked I realized I FORGOT a LOT of stories. I'm going to have to start a memory collection...another page full of bad examples for my daughter NOT to follow as she grows up.

Took the kids to the KC zoo and had the best day yesterday. No whining (even from mom), no fighting, beautiful weather, but the zoo really sucks. There's NO animals I swear. We'd walk for 10 min's then see one sleepy animal...walk 10 min's and another sleepy animal... But, we enjoyed the weather and adventure.

Did NOT want to go back to work. Walked down the stairs and was immediately sniffly and stuffy and crud. It's either my mind messing with my body or the layers of mold I believe is growing in the ceiling tiles and under the carpeting from our years of rain leaking down to the cellar...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...