Tuesday, October 11, 2005

I survived Jazzercise

SO, I go. I sweat. I work it. I think I may like it, but I'm not sure yet. Jazzercise gets started. I'm doing my thang, stepping, hopping, stretching, bebopping, feeling good. I realize there's no mirrors (what a great concept! I don't think I'd be shaking it or doing those pelvic thrusts if I could see what I looked like). Ten minutes in I think "piece of cake, where's the burn in this?" Twenty minutes in I'm feeling it. Thirty minutes in I'm thinking "how long is this freaking class anyway?" The class lasted right at an hour, we danced, we used weights and I really got a workout. I was worried as I'd had two bad experiences in the past. There was the early 90's getting stepped on and then smashed below two clumsy fat chicks. Not pretty. I had one bad aerobic experience also. We all know that when I'm feeling chubby, the last thing I want to see is some cute bubbly blond bimbo bouncing around in my face. All those aerobics queens were also the cheerleaders back in school, which led to pissing me off further. I was a band geek. Always have been, always will be. I don't mind you peppy chics, you just kind of piss me off when I've split a denim skirt or am trying to survive a day without chocolate and you're talking about how you forgot to eat again. I am so nice 99% of the time, but that 1% when I'm not, it's a scary bitchy thing. Instructor, though cute and bubbly and blond, was not intimidating and actually got me to smile through the class. Thanks Teresa! I have to admit, some of those funkier dance moves I wasn't able to do. I've got no rhythm unless I've got a drink or four in me. Otherwise it's just white girl who can't ever seem to get it right and is one step behind (I still can't do the damn electric slide that plays at every freaking wedding I go to. I'm the master of the chicken dance, but always turned the wrong way at the .....it's electric....)

No knitting news, other than to say my secret pal sent me an email saying my goodies are on their way! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO! I'll have pics of yarn p0rn soon! mmmm mmmm mmmm fibery soft goodness......

I'm having a small get-together at my house Sat. night. For a while it looked like it'd just be me, Jildo, Jeff and my gay friends Mark & Russell. Jeff was cool, but just a bit uncomfortable. He asked what time my brother was going to stop by at least 4 times. I finally asked why? He was worried about carrying on conversation with a couple of women and a man who loves barbies. Not overtly homophobic, and a pretty accepting kind of a guy, but still that not quite sure how to sit so as not to give off any vibes around the gays. HAH! I was explaining gaydar to him the other day and I think I freaked him out. Poor little conservative boy of mine.

I took my daughter's girl scout troop to the roller rink today for a skate party. OH I love skate parties. There's still about 4 moms that skate around with or without their girls, I love it, but I know my days are numbered. Beth still thinks its cool to hang with mom occasionally. We did the YMCA......stay at the YMCAAAAAA... I'm sure it will be the "mooo-ooom don't embarass me" and rolling eyes soon, so I'm gonna enjoy this while I can. My feet hurt tonight like a mother bugger, I think I pulled muscles in them, is that possible? cripes!

No knitting accomplished today, but I did complete the project due tomorrow. I've just got to cram a butt-load of crap into my head for the midterm and I'm there baby. Man I'll be glad when tomorrow's over. Seriously, if you're the only student left in a class and still attending and shit, shouldn't I just get the damn A or B without all this stress????? cripes.

I got another letter in my mailbox for "dear neighbor" about the end of the world coming with the hurricanes and now major earthquakes. You know the basics, repent repent repent your sinning ways for the day is at hand... You know, those people may be crazy, but they're sure getting a lot of natural disasters to use for evidence. Between the hurricanes, earthquakes and now the avian flu, it's enough to make you worry. Sure, our government will be right on top of that avian flu thing, no worries. sure. Let's all pray for healthy birds. It scares the living daylights out of me. All I can say is I'd better not lose a bunch of weight, get all hottie and then get sick from bird flu. That would really piss me off.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...