Friday, March 10, 2006

School days, school days...

I totally forgot to write about the meeting with the school principal. It looks like we get to STAY at the same elementary school through 6th grade! woo hoo! As long as we live within district borders, and shawnee mission's a pretty big district, and Jeff's house is right smack in the middle of it, we get to stay with the same school! I'm all excited!

THEN I got talked into going along on Joey's kindergarten field trip yesterday am. We took a 45 6 year olds to SM East high school for a visit to their enviornmental science lab. It was a RIOT! OH the sights.... my boy is more brave than I thought he'd be. He normally shies away from critters a bit, but he was holding frogs, toads, salamanders, snakes, lizards (I mean those BIG ugly bearded dragon things), turtles, mice, chincillas, guini pigs, shark teeth, crocodile head, and other lovelies. I passed on most of the critter holding, but did do the let a BIG ASS BLACK HAIRY tarantula, yes, I said TARANTULA, crawl on my hand. Joey passed on that one, but I did it. It was quite creepy. I did fine until the thing started crawling up my arm...I was doing it to SHOW the kids how a tarantuala is just one of earth's creatures, just like us....so I was trying really hard not to scream GET IT OFF GET IT OFF GET THE MOTHERFUXXER OFF. I just said "um, could you please take this NOW????"

I've got a whole 3 inches of the back done on that cotton yarn prarie tank thing. I realized "holy crap, I'm making lace". It's not actually lace, but it's got holes and stuff and it WOULD be lacey if it were with thinner yarn. No big deal. Of course the damn thing's on size THREE needles so may NEVER get completed, but it's something to pass the time. Gotta go work. Have a GREAT weekend people!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...