Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Sunflower Knitter's Guild

OK, I went to the Monday morning meeting of the Sunflower Knitter's Guild yesterday and had a lovely time! I sat & chat & knitted with some knitters and we all admired and petted each other's projects, AND I got an early schedule for the Knitting in the Heartland knitting weekend with Nicky Epstein!! There's a bunch of classes but I'm SO excited about Epstien's Edgings/Embellishments class (she's the one who wrote the Knitting on the Edge & knitted embellishments books) I'll have a link soon to post here. If you wanna have a fun weekend on Sat & Sunday, April 29-30, 06, come to KC and knit with us! It's going to be at the Radisson Hotel at I-35 & 95th street. I'm thinking I'll have to convince the grandparents that they REALLY want to take my kids that weekend and maybe I'll get a room and just stay and knit all day & night!!! The guild meets at the Lutheran Church of the Resurrection at 91st & Mission in Prairie Village, KS at 9:30am on the first Monday of the month and at 6:30pm on the 3rd Monday of the month.

I've decided my big knitting olympics will no longer be a PAIR of socks, nope. I'm doing ONE sock for my goal. How sad is that? I've also started on knitty's cigar fingerless gloves for my honey instead of trying to get the wristwarmers I'd made for him adapted with fingers. I like the wrist warmers, so will keep them for myself and make Jeff new stuff. So far I've got 3" done on the cuff of the first one and one sock with only 1 more inch to go before I start the toes. He'll be in good shape, one sock, one glove. At least half of him will be warm. Hopefully I'll get SOMETHING completed to give the boy for Vday.

There's nothing like a little startitis to start your month, huh? On the needles:
*Tubey sweater, about 6 inches done on the body, I may finish this in time for summer. nice.
*ONE sock with the toes to go
*ONE glove with only cuff completed
*about 18 inches of a knitted afghan for my bro's wedding present for LAST JULY
*crocheted poncho for friend's little girl with bday THIS SATURDAY
*French market bag (with yarn from my SP) that got put on hold for all the Xmas presents
*Just completed gauge swatch for Ribbon Xback Tank as the Moda Dea Ticker Tape ribbon yarn is on sale at Michael's for $2.49 instead of $7.99/skein, so I thought if it worked, I'd stock up.

OH and my first test in Trig is next Tues, yes Valentine's day. crap. Last night I THOUGHT about studying, but then cast on for the gloves. Priorities, huh?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...