Friday, October 01, 2004

The Underworld

I no longer spend 41 hours of my week in the dungeon. Nope, now I spend that eternity (I swear it feels like 82 hours) in the UNDERWORLD..............The Dungeon just didn't do it justice. That could be a dank, dark, smelly place. THIS is a dank, dark, smelly place that is also a strange little alternate universe and the crazies are fighting out who's in charge. I think it's Dante's 14th level of hell and the scary thing is we drive here of our own free will and climb the stairs down to our personal torture chamber, knowing that scary, strange things will happen and people will send emails about ladies behaving when we are on "our cycles." You know, it's bad enough we can't get our paychecks until the DAY AFTER we are supposed to. We get paid the day AFTER the 15th and the day AFTER the 1st. They couldn't even hand out the paychecks at the end of the day on the real payday. nope. SO at least we get them when we get in to the office at 8:15am. NOT TODAY. The controller is out fishing, and we're waiting for the boss-man to come and hand out our sad little reward for surviving another 2 weeks. What, do we have to beg for the little $$ we get now????? OK, I know I'm too pissy about little details, but this is getting ridiculous. It's the point of the matter. I'm going in in half an hour and suggesting that he give us our MONEY please. I hate it when boss-man give out the paychecks becuase he stands there until you say "thank you sir, may I have another" just like in a monty python movie or bad fraternity prank where you keep getting paddled on the ass with a big ol' board but can't stop asking for more or being polite or they beat the crap out of you.....AAARRRGGHH

I'm REALLY REALLY PISSY today (no, really). I think it's spending that half hour in Miss Hateful's chair yesterday. The evil kharma soaked through my jeans and infected my butt. Stay out of my way and don't piss me off. THEN she came in to make up the time she lost yesterday, so I got to start my day off right with her stomping into my office and sharing her special rude manner demanding some detail or other. I nicely explained her boss asked me to start on the work she left behind and she said "FINE" and stormed out, slamming her hand on my door with a BANG. Yup, just how a bride-to-be should be acting the day before her special day. Share the love. I wanna be home with my kids and my knitting and thinking happy thoughts.

I'm going to have to become a web comic artist. Of course, I can't draw, is that a problem? Seriously, I believe if I could illustrate some of the craziness it would help vent through my system. Maybe I'd better wait until I'm not financially dependent on surviving in the Underworld.

I just know I'm going to get myself fired. The big bosses are coming to town in a week, so I might have a LOT more time on my hands. I could do unemployment. Do you still get unemployment if you get fired for blogging???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...