Thursday, October 07, 2004

Another Knitting Quiz & a school on fire

Is this a bad omen of the big bosses coming to town next week or what? My horoscope today talked about how I should believe my intuition when I think I may have worn out my welcome? I may have a whole lot more time on my hands soon. That wouldn't be entirely bad either.

So first of all, here's the quiz:

What kind of yarn are you?

The first time I took the quiz I turned out as Novelty Eyelash and the 2nd time I was Mohair. Kind of fun. I think the shallow part of the description fits, but as it says, I don't really care. :) I'm also warm & fuzzy with Mohair's descript, so maybe I'm a warm & fuzzy shallow bitch.


You are Novelty Eyelash. You are very of the moment, hip, and happening. You are often seen wrapped around someone's neck. Some see you as too flashy and ultimately shallow, but you are having too much fun to notice.

OK, does this picture creep anyone else out? I can understand the idea of it, as most people sleep better with someone to cuddle with, but Shit the Bed! I'd freak out if I woke up in the middle of the night with someone's hand next to my head. I guess they're all the rage in Asia. CREEPY.


I'm packing for my son's trip to the hospital (he's having his sinuses worked on and they're trying to patch up some of the spots that are giving him nosebleeds too) and I'm taking the easy tank and a new skinnier version of my friend Jildo's scarf along. I started it with only 15 stitches and it's just the plain old garter stitch, which works out so pretty & bumpy & funky on those Schaeffer yarns! I think I'll make it long long long & skinny so I can wrap it around my neck a few times. In the burgandy hand-died mix, should be cute! I also am packing micro-wave popcorn, granola bars & diet cokes for momma to munch on while the little guy is resting.

Joey's pre-school's roof caught fire yesterday. Yesterday was such a freaky day I don't want to go into too many details about work. Let's just say it was the kind of day that when I received the call that "there's no danger to the kids, but the school may or may not be on fire" it didn't even phase me. I thought "ok then, lets go". Turned out part of the roof caught fire, but workers on the new extension being built saw it and called it in before it caused too much damage or even set off the fire alarms in the school. The munchkins were all out on the playground until their folks could pick them up. The kids were having a blast watching all the firemen and trucks. I think I saw the hubby of one of the ladies that quit here for a better job, but all those damn men look alike with their big heavy coats & boots & muscles & short hair cuts, yummy! I waved at them all just to be safe. :) I am pretty sure I saw him as one of the fire-fighter-women I recognized from his dept. when she gave my daughter's preschool a tour of their station.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...