Thursday, July 28, 2005

Ah, young love...

Well, baby brother is getting married this weekend. Mallied. Married? Mallied! Married? MALLIED! God, do we EVER outgrow Sixteen Candles quotes? *sigh* ANYWAY, "Uncle Will" is marrying "Aunt Raegan" this Saturday and so I get to go to a BIG ASS GERMAN CATHOLIC WEDDING PARTY!!!! woo freaking HOO I love those things, ESPECIALLY when one of my bro's is the groom! (Though I have myself dabbled in the fine art of weddings, I had not so much fun the first times, I'd much rather party at a bro's wedding, too bad I've only got 2 brothers!) Let's give the quick version...my mom's the 3rd youngest of 11 kids and dad's the 3rd oldest of 14 kids (Grandma actually had 2 more babies, but one was stillborn and one died of the croup --now we think it could have been a c.f. baby). Those kids all had babies and their babies had babies and we all LOVE each other and have a BLAST when we get together. Will's marrying a SWEET girl who I LOVE LOVE LOVE and I guess he does too, which is good. She is ALSO a good ol' Kansas Catholic girl from a big ass family. Chicken dance, polka-ing, two steppin, swing dancing with cousins, I can't wait! The only thing better is if my honey could go. He's on vacation still with his boys and offered to cut it short, but I thought NAW, go have your boy-time and I'd rather gradually introduce the boy to the big family. It can be a bit FREAKISHLY overwhelming to meet the 100's of people who all have my best interests at heart.

BACK TO THE MAN OF THE HOUR...



Cute cute cute, isn't he? The other brother is tall, dark and handsome. Just makes me sick. sick sick sick.

I totally gave up on the mobius strip matching wraps for daughter and I. I cheaped out and went to Target and got her a black t-shirt material shrug and I'm almost done with my one-skein wonder. I sure as HECK hope the damn thing fits. I did do gauge, but so far the whole gauge to fit experience has been part of why I'm still the Knitting VIRGIN as I have YET to wear something besides a purse, scarf or hat that I've knitted. cross your fingers. You should be able to hear joy and laughter or VERY loud cursing from NE Kansas later tonight as it's removed from the needles.

Beth's a junior bridesmaid and gets to wear a black dress with spaghetti straps that matches the big girls' strapless numbers. Joey's got a promotion from "ring boy" to "junior groomsman" and thinks his sh*t don't stink. Ok, he knows he smells, he just thinks he's hot stuff. FUNNIEST thing of the day...Beth was trying on her dress and shoes and mom made me try on my outfit and Joey was feeling a bit left out. He went into his room, put on his new black socks and black shoes and came out modeling them complete with his hair all spiked up and wet and a pair of dinosaur undies. Quite the look.

Here's one more shot of my kiddo's at the last wedding they were a part of (cousin Justin's a couple of years ago.) They look so young and innocent. Now Beth's proud of being a "tween" and Joey's hell on wheels with spiky hair.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...