Wednesday, August 03, 2005

1am....sleep is HIGHLY over-rated.

Still working on the one-skein wonder. Hope to have it done in time to wear to Jeff's party.

OK, so you want the ditsy story from the wedding? I have a reputation for being a titch scatterbrained occasionally. once in a while. I attribute it to the fact that I have SO MUCH information in my brain and I'm moving at such a fast pace in life that a few details get shoved out of there. I have to leave my keys in the same place every stinking time I enter the house, or we're stranded at home for days on end. seriously. I've already lost the spare set so we're really screwed if I lose these. ANYWAY, my folks have given up trying to change me and mom came and asked me for the wedding outfits and shoes for Elizabeth and me and Joey's shoes (he was wearing a tux they'd pick up on the way to Salina, KS for my bro's wedding) so they could take the stuff with them and I wouldn't forget anything. At the time, I thought HOW RUDE but sent the clothing on with them as they left a day early. Friday morning dawns. I get up, get everything ready. I'm so freaking organized I even pack some of those canvas fold-up chairs for the family reunion we're attending on Sunday. I get all our nice clothes in a hanging bag so nothing gets wrinkled. I'd even IRONED dammit. The only clothing in our bags were swimsuits and cruddy shorts & tshirts for playing at the farm on Sunday and hanging out at the hotel. I had the cooler, the ice, the beer, a little crate of food for the kids and me at the hotel so we wouldn't have to eat fast food all weekend, I was SET baby.

Until we're about 2 hours down the road on our 3 hour trip and I realize CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP the hanging bag is STILL hanging back at the house. I seriously consider turning the damn truck around, but we have just about 30 minutes after our arrival time that we have to meet at the church for the rehearsal and dinner. Yup, I got NOTHING. I cruise into town, hit Target, they have NOTHING for me but I find an outfit for each kid. They change in the backseat, I drop my shorts in the parking lot changing into a pair of capri's as Joe-Bob, Butch and Bubba come around the corner and whistle. nice. I'm sweating like a freaking pig and am quite the hottie of the parking lot I'm sure. I remember I'd stuck a white halter/tank half-way nice top in my bag, grab it and put it on. We get to the church RIGHT on time, I send the kids in for their practice as jr. groomsman and jr. bridesmaid and head to the bathroom to put on makeup. As I fluff the hair, primp and think DAMN I'm good, no one would ever know I got put together in 3 minutes and think, OH, I need some lipstick. Yup, dropped it right down the front of my WHITE shirt. I've not worn lipstick for a month, don't really know why I needed it in the 100+ degree weather, but cripes. I ended up walking around all night with my purse held in the middle of my belly covering a 5 inch long red streak.

Joey had a GREAT checkup at the CF clinic at Children's Mercy today. I was happy with his care for the first time in over a year. We've gotten a bit of the run-around lately and I've been reduced to tears more times than I care to mention. Today we saw the CF Doctor himself, the practical nurse who's his coordinator, the pulmonology lab team, the nutritionist and a few nurses to boot. They had TALKED about his situations and were UP TO DATE on his medicines and sinus infections. His CF doctor even had some plans for working WITH the ENT surgeon and I was just blown away. It was like the good ol' days of actually CARING for the patient and being PROACTIVE instead of "well when he gets sicker....." I'm telling you it was the BEST. He has lost some weight, so we're trying to pack on the calories and the weight, but his lungs are clear as a bell and everything's good but his sinuses. We go see the ENT doctor that I love in 2 weeks as well. YEAH for the little guy!

Anyone out there remember Calvin & Hobbs? I used to LOVE this strip as it would cause me to laugh so hard that milk (or more likely beer) would come out of my nose. I now realize I have a boy that greatly resembles this little cartoon kid. Spiky haired, drags around a stuffed cheetah (that was actually a leopard from build-a-bear but he decided it was named "Cheetah") and his little shorts come down almost to his ankles just like Calvin.

Have you seen this???? Automatic Knitting Counter

I had some fun with the link below. Anyone else notice it says I'm scatterbrained and high energy? too funny. I put in Jeff's date and it said he's protective of those he loves, fiercely loyal and family oriented. huh.








Your Birthdate: November 12

Being born on the 12th day of the month (3 energy) is likely to add a good bit of vitality to your life.

The energy of 3 allows you bounce back rapidly from setbacks, physical or mental.

There is a restlessness in your nature, but you seem to be able to portray an easygoing, sometimes "couldn't care less" attitude.



You have a natural ability to express yourself in public, and you always make a very good impression.

Good with words, you excel in writing, speaking, and possibly singing.

You are energetic and always a good conversationalist.



You have a keen imagination, but you tend to scatter your energies and become involved with too may superficial matters.

Your mind is practical and rational despite this tendency to jump about.

You are affectionate and loving - but very sensitive.

You are subject to rapid ups and downs.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...