Monday, January 03, 2005

And the dungeon goes on....

Well, I've got to say I don't miss a couple of the people that are no longer dungeon-ites after the big layoff right before Xmas, but I do miss my other peeps.... And, apparently I didn't realize how good I had it (did I just say that? WTF?) No, really, I am not yet moved from my nice quiet corner office out to the middle of everything yet, but it SMELLS out there and there's NO WALLS and I'm a baby. It's all old mold smell coming up from the carpet, smells like a dead cat.

A few mysteries solved...

#1...The bathroom skank makes sense now as they were not only paying Miss Hateful to NOT clean anything (she did empty the trash, but that was IT) they were also giving her extra $$ to provide for the cleaning SUPPLIES. When I'd finally had enough and was going to clean last week, I tried to find supplies and found the only thing resembling a cleaning product was the mold-encrusted toilet bowl brush and a can of lysol. Period. scary huh? I'm donating a few supplies and plan to go in with gloves and get down to a layer of linoleum that isn't green or yellow or orange. ICK.

#2...Hmmmmm why were we always getting sick here (besides the organisms growing in the kitchen & bathroom?) AH YES.....the air filters on the humidifier (the ones I asked about and was told, oh yes, we change them each season) have not been made in 10 years. They are ORANGE with mold and had things attached to them. It was finally figured out that they ran "clean water" through them and sprayed with lysol. HMMMMMmmmm.. I think I'm going to measure them and take my problem to a cute guy at the local hardware store or head to a farm supply shop and flirt until some guy can find me a substitute. ICK ICK ICK ICK ICK

Knitted my ass off this weekend only for fun. Did NOT get the scarves done for sister in laws, but remembered my 2 not-yet-felted noro party bags I'd made and not put together. Stayed up until about 2am Thurs morning and got them put together and felted them over lunch and once I got home, dried them in the dryer (I KNOW you're not supposed to do that, but I didn't care and it even felted a little more) and wrapped them up. Finished my aunt from KC's scarf, got it fringed last night, fringed Joey's camo-looking scarf and it is COOL, and finished one sister in law's scarf but was tired of fringing, so put it off for another day.

New year's was fun, but a bit strange. I went to Mark & Russell's and until 11pm was the 7th wheel. Three other couples, but not any couples, no, I was the ONE straight one there. It was so funny, they were really sweet as could be, Mark & Russell, a couple of girls I'd met a few times and Richie & Chad, a very funny couple who had me cracking up all night. Once all the straight & other gay people showed up around 11-11:30, I had to hit the road to get home as my dad would wait up and was exhausted after our family's plans. I know, I know, I'm 36 but my dad still waits up if they're home on the weekends. At first I thought he was worried I'd be on the road with the drunks, then I realized they were worried as they thought I'd be the drunk on the road with the normal people. HAH. Ah well, I behaved myself, only had a few shots and they were early in the eve, and got home by midnight, kissed my Joey on the head, said a prayer that my Beth get home safe and went to bed. What a wild woman I am.

Back out to the mold, got to get moving in.....movin down....to the front side.....to the deluxe corner below the ground.....mooooovin on down..... sign it with me now....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...