Tuesday, August 08, 2006

We're off to the OZ again...

Apparently we just can't get enough. This is our first official vacation with the entire brady bunch together. We're heading to Branson, MO to go to "steal your dollar city" aka Silver Dollar City and some big ol' water park. We're doing one of those **groan with me now** DEALS where you go to this horrid 90 minute brainwashing presentation about timesharing in the Ozarks and they give you a hotel room and tickets to the attractions. **GGGGRRRRROOOOOAAAAANNNNNNN** I'd rather fight a hoard of Lake scorpions. Ok, not really. I was totally NOT in the decision process when Jeff signed up for one of those "great deals" as I think they're run by satan's junior army and hate the very idea of them. Ah well, what could go wrong?? HAH!

Seriously, I'm better prepared for this weekend's adventures! I've got extra cashola for if the great deal suddenly falls through, I've got lots of yarn packed, sunscreen, swimsuits, white trash tank top to sweat my arse off in at the amusement park, and LOTS of ALCOHOL!! They were actually out of my new favorite thing on the planet at the local liquor store, Mike's Hard Limeade, so I had to settle for some cranberry/lemonade crappy ass thing, but I'm tough so I can survive. We've got captain crunchberry cereal and milk for the kiddies and Mike's hard cranberries for momma. I already told Jeff he's driving, I'm totally white trashing-it all weekend long. NO hot rollers are going along (yes, I'm still stuck in the 80's get over it, I like my big hair dammit) no curling iron, just one tube of mousse and a ballcap and waterproof/sweatproof mascara and lip gloss. and yarn. what more could we need? OH B.C. Gotta have that. Don't need any more little mouthy children running around, we've been blessed enough thank you very much. LOVE my kids and Jeff's kids, but OH LORD we don't need any little "surprises" do we?

I'm off early in the am, won't post again until at least Sunday night, have a good week! Four loud children and Jeff and me in a big ol' red cadillac driving through the winding carsick-inducing roads (the only thing around here with enough seat belts for the whole gang). Wish me well! I hope to have lovely pictures of my finished Sizzle sweater to post...Finished up the back mostly, put it on its holders and such. It looks to be the right width for me, but it sure is looking LOOOONNNNNGGGGG. Hope it turns out. I'm not gonna stop and count and figure things out as that would just piss me off. I'm just gonna knit. knit and purl. and knit some more. That's it. No thinking, just faith. Lots of faith. Lots of cranberry lemonades. (can you tell I've already dove into the cooler? cripes almighty it's gonna be a good weekend!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...