Saturday, August 12, 2006

Back from Branson

Well, I had hoped to have a picture of my completed, or at least almost-completed sizzle sweater to show you all after my trip. I mean, 3 hours down there, 3 hours back as well as misc. time spent sitting around relaxing, right? Unfortunately the only time I spent knitting was on the way down, due to this...


This is what's left 2 days after "the incident." The incident came about due to my normally wimpy-not-letting-go-of-mom's-leg son deciding he was suddenly a man and RIDING HIS FIRST REAL ROLLERCOASTER. I about crapped my pants when he wanted to try it. We'd already done the American Plunge or something (like KC's Log ride but BIGGER hill) where I'd screamed like a little girl and he ENJOYED the big hill. SO, we try the powder keg. LOTS of hills, LOTS of speed, including the fastest I've ever gone up a hill and absolutely the fastest I've ever gone down. This ride had ME hurting, he was very brave until about half-way through, so I reached over and held onto him with all my motherly might and he lived. After walking off the ride, I started feeling this throbbing pain in my wrist. Somehow I'd burst the vein blood vessels in my right wrist and it was black, purple and sticking out by at least an inch and a half. I about passed out on the spot when I saw it. CREEPY nasty thing. We got a paramedic walking through to check it out, who gave me a baggie of ice and a towel and told me to take some anti-iflamatory pills. It's now just a nasty looking old bruise and a bit sore, but at the time, let me tell you, it HURT and I couldn't hardly move my hand. I was so pissed once I found out I couldn't HOLD A KNITTING NEEDLE!!! I can just type today, am going to try to knit very slowly maybe tomorrow. Much ice, aleeve and Mike's Hard Limeades later it was feeling mostly numb and I was doing fine.

Pics from the day...


The last pic is of this quaint Hillbilly Fortune Teller, spin it and read what it says. Mine said "You drive faster than your guardian angel can fly." Damn straight.

OH and the high pressure timeshare spiel...Lordy Lordy! We barely made it out of there alive. Jeff had promised the kids they could be as obnoxious as they wanted. They kept offering to take the kids to the "movie room" or the "kids playland" but we were smart. Their final guilt trip when they had heard "no thank you" 4 or 12 times, was this guy who with a straight face tried to give us a hard time saying "but don't you want to be spending quality time with your children every year, don't you deserve that as a family..." while our kids were (swear to God) standing ON TOP of chairs and tables and jumping off, popping balloons, throwing crayons and belching. I looked at him and said "sir, we take vacations to get away from these monsters." and smiled. He handed us the checkout ticket for our free hotel rooms and we waltzed right out. I highly recommend obnoxious children if you ever find yourself in a timeshare situation. Rent them if yours are too well behaved.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...