Monday, August 14, 2006

Knitting again

I'm BACK! I knit along, all excited with myself, last night about 12 rows on the front of the sizzle. It's just about long enough to split for the neckline and add another ball of yarn. I took the kids to the dentist's for the before-school-cleanings and said, wait a minute, WTF? I'd MAJORLY screwed it up about 12 rows before, where I started last night. cripes almighty. Though I know there are many perfectly logical ways to deal with this, I am a bit of an anal knitter, and this is the FRONT of what should be a sexy sweater that I really want the front and back darts to match for shaping, etc. Basically, the entire time at the dentist was spent frogging and now I'm back where I started AGAIN. *sigh* It is looking cool, though and I'm so glad to have my fingers holding needles again. I get a bit tired in the wrist so take many breaks, but it's still KNITTING!!!!!

Anyone ever heard of the Cleveland Three-Day Diet before? It was supposed to be a big hoax from the 70's, but Karen (wife of Trapper John across the street) swears by it. She said she did it 3 different times and the 2 times before she turned 40 it took off 10 pounds in 3 days and she kept it off. The 3rd time it was after she was 40 and it didn't do much but make her pee a lot. You're supposed to flush your body of toxins, etc. I think it's basically a lot of protein and fiber and water water water which does seem to make me FLUSH a lot, but I don't know if it's a bunch of toxins going down there or what. (sorry, bathroom humor is very lame, but I've been stuck in small surroundings with only one girl and four boys, that's the best I've got) I thought what the heck, why not jump start the old' diet/workout plan because bikini time is coming up in 3 weeks...

Is it a fluke? or is it the best thing to come out of the 70's besides the songs "It's raining men" and "I will survive"? Only time will tell. Starting weight yesterday am 158.2. This am I weighed in at 155.4. I'm sure it's all water, but it was fun to see the numbers go down anyway. I'm getting tired of tuna, but haven't gotten too hungry yet. I'll let you know how it goes. I know I KNOW those fad things never work, but let me believe anyway! I have lost about 9 pounds on the sensible eat less and exercise more B.S. logical plan, but we all need to believe in MIRACLES, don't we? I am proud of myself that I no longer have any backfat. (how sad it is when your back boobies are bigger than your front ones? Can we say "ick"?) My tummy is smaller, and I just have those good ol' thunder thighs. I am pretty happy with how I look, I do have more energy, I'd just like to see the numbers go down, is that so wrong? I also think I've come to terms with realizing women are sexy no matter what they look like. It's in your HEAD and your ATTITUDE. I felt GOOD hanging out in my swimsuit at the water park for the first time in my life. I didn't really care what anyone else thought (a first for me). I just had FUN with my family and didn't worry about it. "Yay Me!" as my daughter would say (Damn Disney shows---any other parents of tweens recognize that quote? It's either "yay Me!" or "aw, snap!")

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...