Sunday, December 04, 2005

Is there a patron saint for speeding tickets???

I don't know why, but I keep flashing back to Christmas at my grandma's old country church (the only thing left in the closest town to her farm) and the old people reciting the rosary and then the ...."blah blah blah saint XXX pray for us.... blah blah blah" and wondering. We Catholics have saints for almost everything. Why not one for getting out of tickets? come on! This is not sacriledge, it's quite serious! Saint who-ever, be on my side tomorrow morning as I go into court in the dreaded sin city of Olathe... more to follow later.

Knitting news...finished TWO pair of wrist warmers and am wrapping them tonight before bed. I think this is a new record for me, having actual gifts WRAPPED in the acutal first few days of the month. freaky, I know it. I'm so the beyond the last minute crafter.....you know, still sewing in ends in the car on the way to the holiday celebration house...waiting in the car to wrap the gift while the family goes inside thinking mom's totally lost her mind and may well freeze to death in the car, but not really being concerned kind of thing.... you know, right? I'm not the only one? Maybe I am, but I have some damn fine gifts under the tree by present-opening time! Usually. sometimes. (ok, so my baby bro and his wife's still not received the afghan promised in the wedding gift card in July, but hey, it's Xmas season now and they live in FLORIDA for Gosh's sake. I told him by the time it either freezes in Naples, FL or they move somewhere cold, I'll have a blanket done for them and congratulations. I mean, COME ON!!!! They need bottled water and ice for hurricanes, not afghans to keep warm, right??

Wish me luck tomorrow at 8:30am people...we'll see how much crying helps. dammit. One hundred and eighty freaking dollars....how much yarn could THAT buy??? damn damn damn damn DAMN!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...