Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I may be on the naughty list now...

SO, I'm all in the holiday spirit finally, most of the craziness has passed, my children went to school yesterday (ONE DAY EARLIER THAN THE END OF TERM) with their little goody bags of hand-knitted scarves and wrist warmers for teachers, nurse, librarian and counselor. I've still got to finish an afghan by tomorrow night, but no biggie there as I'm already on the fringe. I wrapped almost every gift we've got last night, and was even in bed by midnight. WWWOOOOOOOO baby it feels good to be almost ready. I'm still searching for star wars lego stuff as the toys r us here is sold out, but it's not a must-have item. I'm still going everywhere trailing yarn behind me and my fingers have little grooves the size of the double pointed needles that are always in my cramped little fingers as I can't stop making wrist warmers. I've still got a few to go.

I was shopping my little heart out yesterday, stopped outside a hobby lobby where one of those bell ringers was singing. I mean this pure voice, it was amazing. I joined a crowd of about 6 people and sang along. It was such a great moment. We, total strangers, took a moment out of our busy commercialized day to bond together with song over the joy of the holidays. Beautiful. We sang silent night, holy night. Then moved to hark the herald angels sing...glory to the newborn king... It went to the next verse and I went right along. Third verse, I goofed in the middle and ACCIDENTALLY said "oh crap, shXt, I mean shoot, wrong verse". MOST of those around chuckled. I sang "third verse, same as the first" (I know, I am a total dork as I feel a violent femmes quote is always appropriate). ONE lady was not amused. She VERY LOUDLY told me off for cursing AT "our Lord and Savior J.C." and asked if I "ENJOY cursing AT baby Jesus" and stomped off. Cripes, lady, I figure the Lord knows I mean well most of the time. Spreading Christmas cheer wherever I go, that's me, the little potty-mouthed angel.

Jeff and his boys invited me and my kids to their house Wednesday evening for our own little holiday celebration. We're bringing presents and food to do a big ol' turkey dinner with the works. We're just doing a turkey breast, and he's in charge of the bird and the stuffing (stuffing makes me gag). I'm doing the rest. Crescent rolls (from a can of course), veggies and mashed potatoes... LOVE that stuff! I'm really curious to see what he gives me for Christmas. I think it'll be something totally practical that I need, but I'm hoping for something entirely NON-practical that is just for fun. We'll see. It's our first present opportunity as we did the take-the-other-out-for-dinner-and-drinks thing for our birthdays in Nov. I'll put details up Thurs morning, don't worry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...