Monday, June 20, 2005

Sockie goes to New Mexico

OK, I know everyone wants details of the beach, but my tired old mind is working backwards, so latest vacation (the boring one, sorry!) first. We're going backwards. I'll have more juicy details tomorrow.

Friday morning the kids & I flew out for NM to drop the kids with their dad for the weekend. I had SUCH big plans....remember? Fiesta Yarn Outlet Store? Hand-dyed cashmere and fancy yarns....I was going to be the best secret pal EVER....but I had a retarded taxi driver. Got to the hotel in ok time, ran to my room, got a taxi (thinking I'd not need a car, stupid girl) and the guy could NOT find the street on his map book. no, that's not exactly right, he found four streets it could have been, at all different edges of the city. We couldn't get through to a person at Fiesta, so I settled for going to Village Wools, which was a very cool shop run by this WONDERFUL German lady. They told me how to get to Fiesta, but it was too late to make it before they closed. :( Ah well, saved me some serious dough. I got a cool book Exquisite Little Knits and the COOLEST NEW KNITTING MURDER MYSTERY SERIES book one Knit One, Kill Two, which I read straight through on the trip. I think I liked this book better than the other knitting/stitching series out there.

I got dropped off at the Sheraton in Old Town. oooohhh. I do love the ritzy hotels. Normally I'm more of a comfort inn kind of a girl, but the closest thing they had was the econolodge at only $30 less a night, so I thought what the heck and splurged. Mostly I ate ate ate and shopped and sat by the pool and knit in interesting places and drank a few margaritas and went out one night with some old girlfriends to the big country bar and two stepped and swing danced my little toes off (ok big toes) and Jose Cuervo was a friend of mine.....until the morning (or more like afternoon) after. I must be in serious lust with this new man of mine, as I was TOTALLY a good girl, just dancin and flirtin, no humpin or bumpin...

See little sockie on her magical journey of Old Town Albuquerque: Look closely to see the little bitty sock (just covering the toes) where she grew a couple of inches, near a pretty fountain in the sun, then at lunch with a Navaho Taco and margarita, heavenly food!, then finally on the way home, sockie is hanging out with metal sw bunny. My, how she has grown... I have my last class tomorrow night, and I did NO knitting on the FL trip, so I had some serious work to do this last weekend.




OK, nice boring little post, right? Are we done yawning? Wanna hear the worst part of the trip? I must admit to a slight MAJOR addiction to good guacamole. Combine that green goo at each meal with plenty of dark blue corn chips, and, well, there just isn't a delicate way to put this...I have been dropping FREAKISHLY BRIGHT GLOWING turquoise blue/green turds ever since. It actually freaked the heck out of me the first time...you know. As I shut the lid, I noticed a BRIGHT glowing blue/green color and thought I was dying of some strange imported New Mexican disease. I swear to God that it's the color of all the bright turquoise jewelry that I saw everywhere and could not afford. I really thought I was going to have to get my stomach pumped or something, until I reasoned out what I'd been eating non-stop for 3 days.

Turquose turds and sleeping in until noon for two days, it was great. More on the beach and my old Italian man and all the rest tomorrow I promise. For now, here's us...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...