Wednesday, October 04, 2006

These are the sleeves that never end....they just go on and on my friend...

OK, so now I'm getting why I'm such a fan of the knitted tank top. Holy crap-a-mighty! Why is it that the body of a sweater can go so fast and the sleeves take for-freaking-ever? At the widest point of the sleeve, there are only 85 stitches. The body had 188 stitches. It is statistically impossible for it to take me longer to make ONE FREAKING SLEEVE than the entire body of this sweater. I know, I know, I am a bit more excited at the beginning of a project, I'm sure that's it, but I'd better get my butt moving or I'm gonna have to stick to sleeeveless sweaters and freeze my ass off all winter. STILL have about 5 inches to go on the FIRST sleeve of the skb. I'm loving the sweater, just tiring of the sleeve knitting. Must. keep. knitting.

I haven't replied to ANY comments because my stinking email is giving me fits. I tell you, it was hard enough convincing my living-simple-kind-of-a-guy to accept the idea of having high speed internet in his house. OH what a struggle. I finally get him going on that (got to have it for my job since I work from my home computer logged into our system at work). I even get him to LIKE it. We use roadrunner. Roadrunner's like all the rest, it's got its own particular glitches and pain in the ass moments, but I've dealt with them for years and am finally getting used to them. Then some massive kablooey happens and the work system no longer accepts any communications from roadrunner systems. nice. Work says "you gotta switch." Not gonna happen in this lifetime with this man. SO now our home office has BOTH roadrunner AND yahoo dsl for me. We also have digital phones and with some weird phone system from the previous home owners, we have ONE working landline plug (in the home office) and ONE digital phone plug (in the home office) that's been split into 2 sets of hand-held phones. Let me tell you, we have wires coming out of our EARS up here.

To shorten this long boring story, I'll just say we've not quite figured out how to deal with little glitches in the dsl system yet AND we had some interference going on with ALL our phones and add in a ton of stress and we had a MAJOR blow up in the upstairs office. OMG Jeff was hollering, moving wires all over the damn place, I've gotta take a picture, it looks like HELL in here. We've got every phone wire and power cord and ethernet cord and you name it cord now not touching anything else. We have them hanging on push-pins stuck in the walls, hanging off pictures, lamps, bookshelfs, everywhere! We even have them hanging up and over the corner of the mini-blinds across the windows. nice. He also decides to do this in the middle of the 2 hours I have left to solve a massive problem with my JOB's communications system and I lose it. I start yelling, I'm crying (I always cry when I get mad which serves to piss me off further) and at one point I'm even THROWING four heavy plastic crates across the room against the walls and door. seriously major fit. My point was #1. I was having a stressful day on its own and didn't need him adding to the stress, #2. I told him I didn't have time for him to do his major unplugging and rerouting thing RIGHT THEN, and #3. He was just generally pissing me off. OH LORDY I was PISSSSED! All is better now. I got a very nice backrub out if it and a chinese dinner without having to cook. Plus can we get a "hoh yeah!" (spoken like Peg from King of the Hill) for make-up sex? hoh yeah!

OK, I now see the light and I totally posted a picture of a fat chick's butt on my knitting blog. How many blogrings will that get me knocked off of? HAH! I'm still wondering who that woman got to PAINT her ASS? Are you sure it's not a fat baby? I still think it could be. Ah well. Madam Inappropriate strikes again.

Weight-Loss Bet update...
Jeff's decided he's got it made. He's predicted he's going to end up with a skinny chick who'll be exactly 3 pounds over the betted weight AND get to keep his money AND get to have his lawn mowed all summer long while he sits on his ass and drinks beer. Nice. I've now officially GAINED 6 pounds since beginning the damn bet. I have actually been working out for about 45 minutes 4 times a week and eating healthy until about 10pm when I lose my mind. Damn junkfood. I'm trying to get SERIOUS to get this thing DONE. I go for my first of 5 free trainer workouts today. I joined at the 24 hour fitness gym and am LOVING it! I told the guy I know all about the don't use the scale as your measure of fitness kind of crap, but it IS all about the weight. If I turn out looking like a hottie, well that's ok too. Basically I want to be able to walk into a store and buy a pair of pants. That's it. And take serious cash from my honey and avoid total humiliation and sweating all summer long too. We're going to work on CORE stuff and I quote "the weight should just fall off." I'm ready for some falling action. Wish me luck.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...