Tuesday, October 10, 2006

May the force be with me...

OK, so I'm a sock warrior in serious trouble. Yup, there's almost completed socks gunning for me. I've just gotten started and knit my ass off last night and have ONE half of ONE sock, just turned the heel. They're on sz 5's, so it's going fast, but will it be fast enough? OH MY GOD I'm having a blast with SOCK WARS! You knitters are so damn creative, it's amazing. At least I'm enjoying the hell out of the yarn I bought for this....koigu kersti in the most loverliest shades of greens and browns and I got myself a treat!!! Lantern Moon Rosewood double points. Life is too short to use crappy needles. I'm telling you, the beautiful colors of the yarn, the dark amazingly smooth pretty shiny needles, have you ever seen anything prettier? *sigh* So, in a nutshell, I'm screwed, soon to be dead, but I'm going down fighting! knit, knit, knit, knit (the neckline of the sweater will have to wait a few more days) I think I'm gonna have to go get some more of this yarn as it's just so perfect for the fall weather.

I got to see my best friend in the world yesterday! WOO HOO for Jildo! I'll take pics of the beautiful early birthday presents I got from her! We are the very BEST kind of best friends because we're both lazy and crazy and the queens of all enablers and rationalizers. It's the kind of relationship where when life gets going and everything gets hectic and we don't talk for a few weeks, we start up just where we left off. OH I love that lady!!! I owe her a major trip to the farm so we can just talk all night. Got to convince the grandparents that they WANT to take my kids for a weekend!

My favorite Jildo/Tina memory? It's GOT to be the time we were weaving our way home from Bruff's bar in Emporia back to the sorority house. My future ex-husband was trying to look like a gentleman and following us home in the car. (Jildo used an electric wheelchair that sometimes would have the battery die in the most inopportune of times and places.) It's got to be about 2:30am or so, I'm riding on the arm of her chair or wobbling along on the sidewalk, Jim is driving his car with the windows down, Jill calling out to him to change the radio station because whatever was playing stunk. A cop car comes up and flashes his lights, pulls up to us and asks if everything's ok. Jill (a pretty blond with big ol' eyes) says "Oh, Officer! We're so scared, this creepy guy is following us!" and bats her eyelashes at him. The cop gets all tough looking, pulls out the big monster flashlight aka beat-the-crap-outta-someone stick and heads for Jim's car, Jill takes off down the road humming a little tune. HAH! OK, so you had to be there to fully appreciate it, Gawd, I almost wet myself just remembering... We often lament that I went back and explained the situation and averted an arrest that night. Ah well, if I didn't have that first marriage, I wouldn't be the woman I am today and I wouldn't have those two amazing kids of mine.

Computer problems at work may just help me have a few minutes time to get back on those sock wars socks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...