Tuesday, November 14, 2006

An apple a day keeps bitchy momma away

I love you i-pod,
Oh yes, I do...
I love you, i-pod,
And I'll be true...
When you're not with me,
I'm blue..
Oh, i-pod, I love you!

I'm all shiny happy people holding hands....b-52'n it! YES! I went to the KC apple store on the plaza and they were going to order me in a part and I could leave it to have it fixed, when the guy at the genius bar (tech help that does NOT talk down to the general public) said, wait a minute....and ended up REPLACING it with a very brand new little baby ipod just for me! WOO HOO! It was just past the 14 day exchange/replacement deadline, but he said it would only mean a little more paperwork, which would be worth it to see me really happy. OH MY GOD! I went home, plugged it in and I'm all happy and calm and NOT BITCHY! woo hoo! I'm sure my family will now breathe a collective sigh of relief also! How did we ever survive back before this technology?

I'm totally buying a Mac laptop for my next computer. They have CLASSES for free and they're FUN and I just LOVE that place! I've been happy dancing my little heart out here!

Still can't decide what to knit next for a project. I'm just in a holding pattern, nothing is capturing my excitement now. Just socks. More and more socks. I'm half-way done with Beth's 2nd sock in some mixed berries colorway of Lorna's Laces sockyarns on sz 2 dpns. Basic 2X2 rib pattern which does show off the colorway nicely.

I feel this need to make a sweater, but not sure which one. I think it's the fall weather that puts me in the mood. Jeff was traveling last night so his side of the bed ended up entirely covered with yarn and needles and books and magazines. I had a ball just sitting half-listening to the news and junk on tv while I just perused and browsed. I used to just knit anything and everything. Now I have to have that special feeling to find just the right project. I played and reorganized the stash, I've got about 10 balls of 100 yds each of bulky 4 stitches to the inch on 10 1/2 needles yarn in blues/greys colorway, I was trying to find just the right thing for it. I thought probably top down raglan something, but not sure what. Maybe I'll make something for Elizabeth for Christmas, a cardigan or something. I've been toying with the idea of the ribbi cardi for a while now, maybe that would be good. I've still got to make Jeff a sweater someday and I want to find some washable wool for a kangaroo pouch sweater for my son Joey.....just kind of in a what to knit funk. Ah well, at least I can listen to my podcasts!!!

Maybe I'll just go roaming around blogland and see what you guys are all making and get inspired.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...