Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Wednesday, July 7, 2004

"Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher."
--Oprah Winfrey



SO, Chicago was too too too much fun. I can't even go into details. We walked all over that damn town. We used the CTC train a ton, but I swear we walked like 28 miles in 2 1/2 days. And we walked FAST. Those little girls' legs were at least 6-12" shorter than mine and they were flying through town. The sad thing also was that one was pregnant and STILL walked faster than me!

In a nutshell, we ATE ATE ATE ATE ATE and then ATE ATE ATE. We also shopped and thank God the shops closed at 6pm on us while we were (imagine this) EATING at a "real Chicago-style" pizza place on the 4th. I might have had to sell my blood if the stores were still open. MAN it's fun to spend money there. I got CUTE stuff, a few halter-style tank tops, TONS of makeup, face & nail shit (my true addiction) and crap from China-town. I got the BEST baseball hat from ESPN with sportscenter stuff on it that actually looks good on me. I've always tried to find hats that look good, but normally look like a trucker or a geek. This is my hat, baby. It was a good thing, as my idol Martha would say, due to our wake-up call at 5am for the flight out. I had some seriously scary hair going on, and the more I tried to fix it, the worse it got. Once the magical hat went on, my cute outfit worked. It was back to mojo-baby. I almost started spouting sports phrases from the old days when I was married to Jim and we had sports center on 12 times a day...but then I got over it. Plus, it was 5am and we had to go running through the city and the airport. I was also the only one without a cute little wheeled suitcase. I was lugging the packed-until-the-zipper-is-about-to-explode bag plus a tote and a handled shopping bag!!!

Back to work. :( I could SO be a stay-at-home mom again, but it just doesn't pay. I had an offer recently and could accept any time, but it comes with creepy-old-guy-sex, so it's out. MAN too bad I have a few morals left. OK, not morals exactly, more of a "don't want to set a bad example for the kids" combined with a low tolerance for creepy things.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...