Friday, July 09, 2004

Friday, July 9, 2004

"I need a Hero..."
--Holding Out For A Hero, sung by Frou Frou on Shrek 2



Oh the drama.....
I'm tired of the metrosexual men..... I've decided I'll date for fun, so I don't entirely lose my magnetic personality, but I'm holding out for my hero before I get into anything serious. My new theme song lyrics:

Where have all the good men gone
And where are all the gods?
Where's the street-wise Hercules
To fight the rising odds?

Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
Late at night I toss and turn and dream of what I need

I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero till the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight

I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero till the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life

Racing on the thunder and rising with the heat
It's gonna take a superman to sweep me off my feet

I need a hero


You know, I'm not sure I like this new style of dating crap. This whole online/email/instant message crap. You don't get to know the real person. People are so much different in what they reveal through the security of a keyboard and screen versus actually spending time with someone and letting nature take its course. Every guy I meet now as soon as we start talking a little, they want to be im-ing me all the freaking time. I've got better things to do with my life. Even if I DID enjoy the little chat crap, what is with revealing all your fantasies, turn-on's and FREAKY fetishes in writing???? I must be old-fashioned. I'd rather find out what someone likes IN PERSON at the right time, what the hell. It just creeps me out. I miss the old days....you know, picking up a guy in a bar, saying "I'm not usually a tramp...deciding if you WANT to be a tramp or not, flirting, smiling, shaking your bootie, whatever. I'm starting to sound like an old lady. OK, a slightly slutty old lady, but you get the drift.

My list for the "ideal man" is getting much longer and more defined. I haven't made one of those lists since I was 21. This one's a little more serious. Once I figure out how to add pages, I'll keep my list attached here to add things as I think of them. I just want the perfect combination of my friend Carol's hubby Steve, part of both my brothers' personalities, my cousin Roger's outlook on life, my cousin Don's sense of humor and the way he treasures his family, my Aunt Dot's significant other Bob's ability to lead his own damn life and still be a part of hers, supporting her when she needs or wants it and NOT being a major life-sucking force the rest of the time (no, I don't have issues here), my friend Russell's kind heart and strong will, my friend Mark's ability to fix almost anything and his slight addiction to Home Depot, of COURSE I want someone like my dad too (what little girl doesn't?), someone who is in decent shape and likes to do athletic things without going overboard (like the hottie's character in the movie Dodgeball), someone who can two-step and have fun dancing to the new trendy stuff too. I want a good-old country boy who also likes dressing nice and going out once in a while, but who is mostly happy hanging out at home watching tv or going for bike rides or playing softball. Sure, that should be easy to find.....till then, it's just play-time for the TreasureGoddess.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...