Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

"I have bursts of being a lady, but it doesn't last long."
--Shelley Winters
 
Guess what???  I rode my bike without falling off yesterday!!!!  I was so proud of myself.  I swear to GOD I've always been a touch clumsy, but this was getting pathetic.  I have more bruises on me than I had when I fell off the cliff when hiking with my girl scout troop as a kid.  Still haven't gotten the seat lowered yet so I can actually touch the ground, that should help.

What else happened today, hmmm....OH yeah, the hateful one came out of her quiet, bitter little corner to try to wreak havoc on my daily life.  What makes some people so freaking evil?  You know the ones, they only smile this nasty little smile when someone gets hurt or humiliated...They end up as bitter, wrinkled-before-their-time witches all alone wondering why no one comes to visit...because you're a BITCH, that's why....  I guess the war of the basement is back on.  Round one went to the TreasureGoddess, round two is up for grabs.  The stupid comma episode was just the feint before she sent in the cavalry.  I'm wasting no more of my time dealing with her or her little petty problems.  You know, it's a good thing I'm not petty, or I would have commented on her wearing pantyhose (who wears pantyhose now-a-days?) OVER her little ankle bracelet....TACKY TACKY TACKY...yup, it's a good thing I'm not petty.  BRING IT ON...  The amazing thing is she can hold that much power as an hourly administrative assistant.  Everyone has always bowed to her because it's easier to keep the hateful one happy and give in.  The sad thing is she and the other grumpy one ran off a very nice new admin employee.  That is a bad karma area, you can physically feel the bad attitude.  I'm so glad I'm WAY WAY WAY in the back corner office.  Not only did this sweet, positive, smart lady call in sick today, she apparently told two of the other ladies that she was going on an interview.  I hope she gets the job, poor thing. 

This picture illustrates my theory on solving personality conflicts in the workplace.  This is probably why I'm not in charge. 



Had a major triumph on the treadmill tonight, my god, I might just get buff yet...  This sounds so sad when it's written out.  I was able to jog for 8 minutes in a row.  IN A ROW.  God, that's pathetic.  Two weeks ago, I couldn't make it 2 minutes without dying.  Amanda's training for a marathon, I'm training to hit 30 minutes.  baby steps.  The sad thing is with beer involved, I can dance all night long.  You know, they have laundromats that serve beer, maybe someone should break into the working out while getting buzzed genre.  I'd sign up.

I'm actually kind of excited about my workout tomorrow with Roosevelt.  Have you ever seen a man named Roosevelt (NOT counting pictures of old presidents) who was not a muscular vision???  He's very motivational.  The man did tick me off because he said something about eating a bunch of Krispy Kreme donuts before our workout.  I hate beautiful people who can eat anything they want...I used to be a person who lived on chocolate, beer and ketchup and never gained a pound.  Two children and a bunch of years later, that crap doesn't work.  I was also seriously impressed with myself because after surviving two weeks of dips (purely evil things) and other various wierd moves with weights, my arms don't wiggle.....WOO HOO.  Once those thunder thighs get under control, I'm goin' shopping.  OK, once I start selling crap on eBay and can afford it, I'm goin' shopping.

 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...