Friday, July 16, 2004

Friday, July 16, 2004

"Some days you just have to create your own sunshine."
--Sam Sundquist
 
Man, too much has happened in a week to update.  Short version...I have taken the first baby steps to becoming an in-shape, no-longer-lazy-butt-couch-potato person who is not allowed to wear shorts in public.  I am going to let the thin, buff, strong chic loose from her chubby-thighed and flabby-armed jail that is my body.  OK, well at least I paid TOO much money for a program I can NOT afford to force myself to get my butt moving.  I survived two workouts with a personal trainer named Roosevelt, a nubian GOD that is like a poster-child for why you should work out.  Next to him I really really did not feel like a goddess of anything.  But, I survived, and made it back on Wednesday.  Another workout survived, barely, measurements taken...each of my thighs was the same size as my waist measured in high school, it was not a proud moment.  Then, I'm taking a quick shower so I can run back to work and not gross everyone out because I think I sweated at least 3 pounds off in an hour.  When I get out there's no longer music playing, I think, man, it's quiet out there.....YUP, they locked me IN and turned on the alarm.  I'm saying, "hellllooooo....." just me & the machines and weights.  I thought about calling the police, warning them, (this is in Leawood where 5 cars respond with sirens screaming to ANYTHING called in), and setting off the alarm, but I can't figure out the stupid lock to get out.  I call work and they laughed at me.  That's reassuring.  SO, I was of course STARVING to death, looking out the window at an Italian restaurant's patio seating with food food food.....found an apple behind the counter, I'm sure it was one of the thin barbie doll receptionist's major meals of the day, tough.  They lock me in, I eat their food.  It figured I'd get locked in a HEALTHY place, no m&m's to be found. 
 
I've now signed away so much of my money that I have to eat sandwiches for the next 3 to 4 months.  I also have to increase cardio excercise on my own 3-5 days a week to see the results I want.  I won't put in print the horror that was my measurements and percents, except to say that for most I was about average for a 35 yr old woman.  The only really bad thing was my body fat %.  I'm in the lowest 30% of women my age, and the percent was 33%.  One third of my body is fat.   ONE THIRD of my body is FAT.  Man, that blew my mind.  So, I'm walking around with tree trunk legs the size of 2 small people with a body that's one third fat.  That helped me walk right past the reese's peanut butter cups in the candy dish this afternoon.  I'll just repeat that as a mantra....1/3 fat...1/3 fat...1/3 fat... hope that helps.  My starting little phrase going through my head for the first workout was "mini skirt, mini skirt, mini skirt"  Then I saw what horrible shape I was in, and also standing next to my trainer/God, I revised it to "any skirt, any skirt, any skirt".   I start up again on Monday.  Shee-ra here I come...my goal is to wear one of my skirts hanging in the closet before it snows.  We'll see....man I miss my pretty legs...........damn chocolate and lazy lifestyle!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...