Thursday, April 13, 2006

mystery solved

No, not the spider thing, he's still MIA and I have 2 new bug bites that I'm not sure of the source. We'll see. I survived my first night at Jeff's house without Jeff since he was out of town. Just me & the kids. Have I ever told you guys I'm a total wimp? Jeez I get creeped out easily. Ah well, woke up this am and both kids were still breathing and no hatchet-bearing creatures had broken in, so we're all good. (always remember, to kill a zombie you have to kill its head and don't let them bite you. good to know.)

SO, Jeff and I redesigned and moved crap all over his poor house. We have each of our 2 kids sharing bedrooms and the office is in the top floor of the split level, in a lovely big 4th bedroom. As we were moving stuff up here, we wondered, why oh why don't the kids ever come up here to play? It was a big room, full of toys and just waiting to play until we came along bearing desks and computers and boxes and boxes and boxes of crap. We moved the playroom to the bottom level den/living room thing. Well, MYSTERY SOLVED! The children must have realized that when the temperature outdoors goes up to 78 degrees, the top bedroom retains a general temperature of 428 degrees. I am sitting here with the lights out, the window shades down with windows open and 2 fans blowing directly on me. I have just finished moving my 2 big-ass desks into position and think I'm going to melt. The room isn't even in direct sunlight, but is on the south side of the house. OH FREAKING HELL, I think this is a new level of Dante's Inferno. Going downstairs, it reads a pleasant 75 degrees and I am now living with "nature man" who doesn't "believe" in turning on the air conditioning until mid-July. We'll see. The boy wants some loving, his honey wants the cold air! Don't they make little personal air conditioners at the Sharper Image or something? I may have to go shopping...

Still doing the soleil, some darkish purple color of Classic Elite Yarns "Provence", 100% mercerized egyptian cotton. What does mercerized mean anyway? Anyone know? I only bought 3 skeins from the Yarn Shop & More and am half-way through the 2nd skein and have a LOT of knitting still to go, I may have to run by and grab another one just to make sure. I was thinking of wearing it to Easter (if it fits) but since I've only got enough to cover the belly done and have to get going on the ponchos, probably won't happen. I'm still making gauge, though, so that's something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...