Thursday, April 01, 2010

There may be a sighting today.....

Nice weather, good sunlight, green grass, bags full of handspun yarn......
There may have to be a CYG photo-shoot sighting today.
The Crazy Yarn Girl shoots again?

Have a fabulous fiber filled day everyone! As I click through blogs admiring the beautiful flowers that are the sign of spring approaching, I realized that in our own strange little way, we've got signs of spring as well. Instead of tulips & daffodills pushing up through the soil, we've got scatterings of colorful bits of popped water balloons among the grass from when the temps hit 50 a week ago and the children decided they MUST don swimsuits, have a water fight and jump on the trampoline with water balloons. Hey, I never said we had SMART children, just CREATIVE ones. They spent the remainder of that day wrapped in blankets shivering, but proud as heck of their adventure.


My signs of spring are that I'm drawn to pastel shades of wool. Wool. It's the every season marker, right? Have you heard of those knitters that PUT THE WOOL AWAY for the spring & summer knitting? They knit something called COTTON. Insane. Freaking insane. Oh, and that just means MORE WOOL FOR ME! WEEEEEEEEEEEE Here's one of my little signs of spring. I think this one's going to have to stay mine.....not sure what it wants to be when it grows up. BFL & Shetland wool just scream spring, right? I'm thinking maybe an easter bonnet style headband....it could work. And yes, I do realize that orange in my stash may not scream SPRING to anyone else, since it often screams SUMMER, WINTER and FALL. But that's what this yarn is screaming to me today. I can't help it if I've got schizophrenic yarn. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...