Monday, February 08, 2010

Guess what he found by the side of the road this time...

Yes, my husband is dragging things he finds by the side of the road home again. This time I'm quite pleased. (It doesn't poop, smell or need to be gutted and stuck to a board in our garage!) It's an oak quilt rack he found with a "FREE" sign on it, sitting by the roadside in KC, MO. YAY! After minimal cleaning, it was soon put to work in its new job....fiber drying/display.



I told you I was going to bury myself in fiber, right? Well I did. I spent most of the weekend up to my elbows in wet fiber and dye. MAN there's nothing better than the smell of wet wool in the morning. I'm so envious of those uber-dyers/spinners out there that can make this their living. Waking up, rinsing & hanging out freshly dyed spinning fiber & yarn is the perfect way to start your day. *sigh* Someday....






That last pic is 16 oz of kettle dyed silk roving. mmmmmmmm It rocks. Not sure what the heck I'm going to do with a pound of hand dyed silk, but I'm thinking it needs to stay mine. Also, any guesses which of the hand dyed roving hanging on the oak roadkill rack I'm keeping for my very own? I'll give you a hint. It starts with "O" and ends with "range". It also rocks very much. TWO POUNDS of this heavenly blend of merino/alpaca/silk in my very favoritest color of all. It will have to become a sweater someday, but no ideas of what or even if I'll 2 ply, 3 ply, or whatever.

I'm finally able to spin again! YAY! My back's been giving me troubles with it, but I finally had a few sessions where something was accomplished at the wheel! WOO HOO!



OK, enough photos for today. Knit/Spin/Dye/Crochet your arse off, ok?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...