Wednesday, December 20, 2006

It's nice to see some things never change. (and BIG ASS YARN SALE)

Driving home from the grocery store this morning I passed some groups of high school students waiting for the bus. It's raining this morning, not a downpour, but a steady rain. One group of girls were waiting, chatting away, each with their colorful umbrella above their heads. The next group was a bunch of boys, who were too cool for weather. No umbrellas, no hoods up (theirs were apparently being used as rain barrels), and not one coat was zipped up. Idiots. It's so nice to see that high school boys are just as stupid today as they were in my day. It made me think that I still may have a clue as to what it means to be a teen when my daughter gets there. I'll still be totally screwed as all mothers of teenagers are, it just gave me a glimmer of hope and made me laugh.

At the Christmas exchange at the sunflower knitter's guild meeting on Monday night, I scored these beauties. I LOVE THEM! I may have to frame one set of 4 and use the other set. Knitter's Coasters. very cool. I took Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's new book Knitting Rules, which I just bought myself and LOVE. It's a good read and has some very good info to use as a reference to go back to. I'm even inspired to DESIGN my VERY OWN SOCK PATTERN sometime in the new year.



Still knitting away on monkey, my new socks. I am IN LOVE with this pattern. It's not too hard, it's fun and interesting, it's even empowering. Yes, socks that are empowering. Maybe it's secret monkey power or something, but the finished product is something that makes me feel like I can do anything. Anything. I'm ready to turn the heel on the 2nd sock, made myself put them away last night before I started. Once I start a heel, not a damn thing's getting done other than the heel. It's too magical.

SPECIAL NOTE!!!! BIG ASS KNITTING SALE!!! Tuesday, Dec. 26th at Knit-Wit, the shop at 1815 S. Ridgeview Road in Olathe, KS. ALL yarn and kits are at least 30% off, some 50%, and there's the famous $3 boxes. I'm not sure what the $3 boxes are, but you can bet your butt that I'll know come Dec. 26th! If Santa doesn't bring you what you want, go shopping! Jan really has an amazing amount of beautiful yarn inside that little shop of hers. Every time I go in, I find new things to pet and drool over.

I just found another free online magazine for knitters and crocheters! If you already knew about them, WHY didn't you TELL ME? I'm such the magazine addict, and FREE online magazines are my bestest favorite EVER! It's a fun read. If there are others out there that I don't know about (and have posted in the sidebar) PLEASE TELL ME!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...