Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The yarn fumes were particularly potent last night...


Oh momma...It wasn't my fault. It was the yarn crack. Seriously. How do resist it? FABULOUS yarn and people wanting to make deals? Really freaking GOOD deals? I remember something like this....

"Do you think you could use something like this" wafting the yarn beneath my nose...

"Oh, no, definitely not. It's pretty though...and soft...no...probably not."

"What if it was only $10?" more wafting of the yarn, yarn fumes rising...

"Most certainly not. I'm here to UNLOAD yarn on others, not increase my stash. No, thank you. It's lovely, but just not for me."

yarn is put in my hands, quite unfair, really

"What about if it were only $5? It really looks like your colors"

GRABS YARN, RUBS ON FACE, DEEPLY INHALES SOLD! YES! YES!

Then it just gets not pretty. There is flashing of cash. Yarn flies from tables, crammed without ceremony into tote bags that were EMPTY a short time ago. I can't be held responsible.

I will state, for the record, that I did come home with more money than I spent and unloaded a LOT of TreasureGoddess hand dyed laceweight and misc stash bits. I just, well, went home with more yarn than I came with. **Most of the photos are only 1-2 skeins, but an awful lot of those (plus photos not shared) came home in groups of 6-10 skeins each...

Here's just a few...it's too long a photo post if I showed it all...
The Sunflower Knitters Guild has some mighty fine meetings and knitters with exceptional taste. I thank you all for my new treasures.






Can't you smell it? mmmmmmmmmmm new stash yarns. Fabulous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...