Friday, July 02, 2010

bikini spinning, not as hot as you'd think

You know when a normal non-fibery person hears that, they imagine a cute, young scantilly clad thing riding a bike with a strategically placed droplet upon her brow....us fiber people know the truth. It's a 42 yr old with thunder thighs, feet pumping on a spinning wheel, covered in green & purple wool fluff and sweating like a hog wearing the swimsuit because it's 98 degrees with 85% humidity at the lake of the ozarks. Oh yeah. That's how I spent most of last weekend and I have to say, it rocked. I was actually covered in green wool bits and purple SILK fluff. I spun up a POUND of my silk roving I'd dyed a while back into dk weight singles yarn to kit up with my new Hippie Kerchief/Shawlette pattern!


Oh yeah...I've got actual PATTERNS out now. :) And an e-book collection! WOO HOO! I'll begin the obnoxious self promotion soon. Oh, and I've got some great mother nature vs TreasureGoddess stories, a few CYG tales and Survival tips for Knitters in the Wild!

I finished up the month of May wearing my handknits. It's amazing how much my wardrobe has expanded! I have the same stuff, just now I WEAR a lot of it. It was probably one of the best things I've done. I'll do it again when the weather gets colder.

Sorry to disappear there for a while, so much going on that I couldn't keep up! Life's good, family, friends, knitting and all. I missed you, blogland. I'm back. And here's a quick look at my new ebook...Knitted Treasures for Handspun Yarn. A collection of lots of ideas for knitting with little bits of handspun. :) Click the photo below to go see the individual patterns. I'd love to hear what you think.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...