Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I am a very good driver.....

I AM a very good driver, I am just NOT a very good backer-upper. SO, what have I been up to these last couple of days? Working on the resume? Finding local colleges to complete those damn few hours left for the official degree? Snuggling up in bed watching the Walton's while knitting and sucking down hot chocolate and hiding from reality Making life plans for the future for where this career opportunity is taking me? kinda.

Also BACKING INTO THE NEIGHBOR'S FREAKING CAR. nice, huh? They always park this little white honda RIGHT where any car backing out of our driveway almost hits. Jeff even told me he's almost crunched it at least a dozen times. Only thing is, ALMOST doesn't help me here. Good use of my savings, huh? damn. damn damn damn. Car is being appraised and at least the neighbor is letting us use Jeff's brother-in-law's body shop. damn damn damn. Pictures tomorrow. I was entirely too depressed and it was entirely too cold to try to snap a pic tonight. At least the damn thing's still drivable, it just has to have the entire front freaking end replaced since it's a itty bitty toyota and is only made out of about 4 pieces. damn damn damn Only good thing is that the truck didn't even get a scratch.

One smart thing I've done is put down the sweater knitting and back away slowly (without running into anyone) and stick with sock knitting. A lot of freaking sock knitting. The gorgeous wollmeise I got a while back became mom's first pair of knitted socks. Size 11 knitted socks. There was still enough left (hopefully) to make Joey a pair as well. My camera was in Germany with Jeff when mom's socks were delivered, so I've only got pics of Joey's socks in progress. In the last few days, I've knitted the heel and foot of mom's sock and one and a half sz 3 kids' socks. I'll probably finish the other one tonight. I'm actually working most of the day and hardly knitting until night. It's been freaky. These fingers be flyin'. When stressful things occur in your life, your tension WILL change and you will be even more pissed off if your sweater suddenly gets much, much tighter for a while, so do us all a favor and PUT THE GOOD KNITTING DOWN when life gets too hairy. Socks are much more forgiving.



Oh, and the best thing about today? While digging through my cabinet where I keep the extra vitamin bottles and lotions and such, looking for some vitamin C as my throat is killing me, head hurting, stress must be wiping me out and I don't want to get sick......GUESS what I found? CHOCOLATE!!! During a trip to Crown Center right before Xmas Joey and I wandered into that shop that makes its own fudge, mmmmmmmmmmm, and watched them make some. SOoooooo, I ended up bringing home a boatload of it. Ate about half of it, stuffed it into the cabinet and FORGOT about it. I'm thinking the m&m's are good. Anyone think I'll get sick eating month old fudge? Does it go bad? Cause it smells sooooooo good. I'm thinking to be safe I'll eat just a little bitty bit. and see what happens. Yeah, you know I'm eating more than an itty bitty bit. These are TWO slices of inch and a half thick KC homemade fudge. One's chocolate peanut butter and one's pure chocolate heaven. Screw the m&m's. I want FUDGE! Wish my belly luck.


Thanks for the good thoughts, guys. It means a lot. It really does. And Teri, I'll bust a move with you ANYTIME lady. Parking lots full of ice in the freezing cold are no match for a couple of 80's flashbacking almost 40-yr old girls like us. MAN that felt good. Nothing finishes off a night of good old' knitting guild official business like that. You know what to do, now bust a move....

Good night Jim Bob, Good night Elizabeth. do dah ........do dahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (come on you KNOW the last notes of the Waltons always leave you wishing you were there too! And yes, I can totally sing/hum the entire freaking song.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...