Thursday, January 25, 2007

A colonic is not actually an organic version of a gin and tonic

See, the things I'm learning just amaze me. Seriously. One of my friends said she was discussing "the bet" (my bet with Jeff) with one of her friends who works in the health care industry. She said "OH, tell her to get some colonics, but be careful because they can be addicting and you can lose too many electolytes." I said, MAN, anything that can help you lose weight AND be addicting HAS to be good. I asked what exactly ARE colonics? Well, they're herbs and water. cool. I like herbs and water, I said, what, like a whole-foods version of a gin & tonic? nope. not even close. OOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhh. yeah. kay. maybe if I'm really close and need a couple of pounds to go over the limit, but otherwise, I'm gonna stick with my fake-chocolate tasting ex-lax when things need some help.

TMI? sorry people. I just try to educate anyone else out there as clueless as me. The rest of you can just shake your heads and say "oh, how does she not walk into walls every damn day?"

I finished the lacy-look section of the top of my green gables sweater. See how her lacy part is these pretty rows of stitches between the openings? Yeah. Mine is working up a bit fuxxed up. They kind of zig-zag in a most peculiar manner but I think I like it. It's like organized chaos in a knitted top. To achieve this bit of design structure, you totally forget whether you were doing the A or B section over & over and just wing it. Yeah. Looks like it should be this one. Then you try to count, realizing you're totally off and think, um, sure, this one will work now. Voila. Pictures soon. My old laptop died and I haven't found the driver cd for the work computer yet.

I've grown to a new level of my exercising. I no longer hate it with every fibre of my being. Now it's more of a "well, I guess so" instead of "NOOOOOOOOOOOO PLEASE MAKE IT STOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPP!" I haven't hit that whole "runner's high" crap I keep hearing about but I almost enjoyed my workout with trainer man yesterday. I think those people who run FOR FUN or work out and get happy with it have some extra crazy gene or something I was born without. I'm making terriyaki chicken breasts with buttloads of veggies and wild rice tonight. Free range, veggie-fed, no chemicals-added chicken. I now add local bee pollen and sprouted wheat germ to my whole grain cheerios in the morning. I cook, I clean, I exercise, I knit, I even STEAMED ASPARAGUS last night. How scary is that? I am the new superwoman. rrawrrr.

Know what else I learned yesterday? TINK is knit spelled backwards. Duh. I TOTALLY did not know this. I always thought it was a Brittish, polite, old-way of saying un-knitting without cursing, kind of like they say "a bit wonky" to mean "totally fuxxed up". How cool is that? Tinking is un-knitting. who'd of thunk it? Am I really the only one out there who didn't know these things?

An interesting video called The Last Knit that was posted about on the lace knitting yahoo group I belong to. I got a kick out of it. The obsession...Ah, we've all been there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...