Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Kniting Pneumonia

Wow, anyone else notice the irony of the last post showing I was freezing my arse off and this post talks of me getting walking knitting pneumonia? wow. Right after the camping weekend, I flew to Minnesota, had a FABULOUS evening with a yarn school buddy Deb where we knit and SHOPPED at a fabulous little shop (Bella Lana), then had a snack (with more knitting). The fact that I had to go to Target to buy an extra bag to check on the plane should give you an idea of what I did with their super sale yarn. (NORO SOCKYARN FOR $9.50 PEOPLE!!!). They had a LOT left, so give them a shout and get you some.

OH, and I worked at the home office. (the official reason for the trip). On the plane home I sat a few rows ahead of a family that was coughing up a lung the entire flight home. Gotta love that recycled air on a fully packed plane, huh? Short version of the story is that within 3 days I had a monster congestion, cough, wheezing, the works. Into the Dr's office, after X-rays sent to BED for a WEEK! Well, I pretty much did sleep for 3 days straight with only a few moments of knitting here & there and no spinning or dying. Boy, you know you're sick when you don't even feel like knitting! Well, as I felt better, I did have a few moments here & there to knit, knit, knit, KNIT!

THE HATS--2 handspun art yarn creations (the bumpy one was actually knitted last week), red & green handspun Thorpe hats





THE SCARF--Brooklyn Tweed's 1X1 ribbed noro scarf out of 2 skeins of noro kureyon



THE UFO--Eyelet Cardi from ChicKnits, yarn gifted by Chery! It's been a UFO for a LOOOOOONG time, now an official FINISHED OBJECT! WOO HOO (ok, not BLOCKED, but FINISHED)


THE SPINNING--From some of my hand dyed yarn school fiber...8 oz 2 ply, spice rack colorway and some coilspun supercoils art yarn




*whew* I think I'm ready for another week of knitting.... Too bad those whole WORK and REGULAR LIFE things get in the way. Just think how much I could accomplish if I wasn't restricted to stop-light, late night and stall-knitting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...