Friday, June 25, 2004

Friday, June 25, 2004

"One of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats."
--Iris Murdoch



I think I'll take my continuous small treats in a margarita or three tonight! Heading out to the Fox & Hound to meet some friends saying good-bye to John from the Sprint group I go out with once in a while. Should be fun. Then, might head out to the boats to play a little cards. I was distracted last time by my Italian guy, so maybe this time I can concentrate and play a little better. Jildo, I've made the move to Texas Hold-Em, LOVE it, but OMG I have to watch out.

Ate BBQ for lunch, but it wasn't GOOD bbq, it was OK bbq. It's just sitting in my tummy like a load of bricks. UGH. I'm going through jack-stack withdrawal.

Taking Joey to the Royals game on Sunday, should be fun. I hope we make it past the 4th inning. Actually, I hope we make it TO the 4th inning. Royals traded another good player, go figure. Last year was fun, anyway. Who are we to bitch about wanting more than one winning season in a row???? I'd feel better if we could at least win a few.

That's it for now, not much going on here. Work, work work. Haven't heard from Beth yet, left another message in NM. Hope my little guardian angel is keeping that kid safe and happy.

Just found out my cousin Kevin is overseas working for the engineering firm that just had the guy captured and beheaded. His mom's doing pretty good, he's in Afganistan now, training before all the fun begins. He's the kind of guy who would view this as a big adventure. Actually, I'm kind of jealous of the ability to just pick up and go to the other end of the world without worrying about anything.

off for the weekend, can't wait!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...