Saturday, August 24, 2013

Revising the Deadline

 photo white2.jpg


Well, instead of 4.5 days, I'm revising my deadline to 4.5 weeks. Let's hope I finish this sweater before 4.5 months (let's just hope it's not 4.5 years, but it's totally possible). Mom went on the Alaska trip without her new textured cotton sweater, but she has a trip in about 4 more weeks to Hawaii, so I'm thinking that's the perfect place to have a wispy cotton cardigan.

This is a cool pattern, but it's kicking my arse. It's seed stitch. SEED STITCH in cotton tapey thick & thin yarn which is rough on the wrists, back of hands and elbows. The texture is growing on me and if it wasn't such a strange construction, I could see myself wearing one of these (but not knitting another).

It's actually a creamy almost white, but my pics are showing it a bit off. I knit myself silly on this project and this project alone, and stayed up late knitting on this project, I had knit about 1 ball/day. The sweater is supposed to use 12 balls of this yarn and that rate was not maintainable, about 6 hours knitting/day.

I admit I was unfaithful to this project. I had to do it. I needed some soooooft and squooshy and easy to knit wool in my hands. I just happened to have a big ol' yarn cake of malabrigo which soothed this knitterly soul (and wrists, elbows & hands too). I'm going to pull the cotton yarn out again and try to devote at least an hour or two per day on this. Below is the sleeve/mid portion of the sweater. It has about a foot and a half to go. Seam the edges to that pointy bit, then knit a collar piece as well as two backs and those seam along top and bottom of this shape. I really love knitting from the top down in more normal fashion so you can try on the project as you go. This one is kind of a crap shoot, hoping that the designer's calculations are true. Crossing my fingers & pulling out the cotton again.

 photo white1.jpg

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...