Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Yarny Dream

WARNING----DO NOT fall asleep while knitting AND watching UFC! (Ultimate Fighting Championship) also called MMA (mixed martial arts). In a nutshell, two guys kickbox, judo, karate, and beat the holy hell out of each other. It's awesome. It just doesn't make for sweet dreams when you fall asleep while knitting.



I woke up Sunday morning with a dpn (double pointed needle) poking me in the ribcage and yarn all over my face. The dream had flashes of vividness to me so I quickly wrote down a few notes. The parts I remember was that I was in a small country school and fighting a major battle....with felted and knitted items. Basically, everything felted was coming to life as GIANT RATS. Not just regular giant rats (bigger than my new puppy by the way), but alien powered super rats that could zap things into dust with beams from their sharp ratty teeth. Yup.

SO, there I was, with all these knitters and crocheters and felters at a nice little fiber retreat (something like Yarn School at Harveyville). People kept on knitting while these alien rat things were bursting out of everywhere. Then ZAP POW they'd be zapped into dust. I figured out you had to STOMP the yarny creations to stop the transformation. I yelled at the other knitters to STOMP THE YARN! STOMP THE FELTED BITS! STOMP THOSE FLOWERS! Some figured it out and were fighting the battle with me, others just kept on knitting without noticing the havoc.

The worst offender was this big sweater that had stripes of felted bands that had been picked up and knit with FUN FUR EYELASH ACRYLIC yarn. It was the mother ship. The felted stripes were black (like the mutant alien rats) and the fun fur was neither fun nor fur and in horrid stripes of cotton candy pinks, baby boy blues and a sickly purple/grey. There were felted flowers flying through the air as each explosion helped more morph into rats. I was finally getting through the knitters and crafters and we were waging a major war, stomping and stomping on all the felted wool bits....then I woke up.

I'm thinking I'll take a break from the whole crocheted felted flowers thing for a while. :) I crocheted a BIG box from Little Knits (amazing sales on yarns) full of noro yarn into a crap ton of flowers and felted my heart out. I sold a lot at the Creative Hand show and have more ready for a few more craft shows coming up.

I'll also apologize in advance in case you walk up to me and happen to be wearing a sweater with felted bands and fun fur yarn. I will stomp you. repeatedly. and not just to keep the alien rats from morphing either. How does my brain come up with such horrid images??? Oh the fun fur.....the horror....


Frank the new puppy. NOT stompable. Australian Shepherd, 10 wks old, adorable. (way better than a photo of alien rats, right?)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...