Saturday, June 25, 2011

First day at the MakerFaire KC!

It was awesome. the end.

ok, I have actual photographic proof of the awesomeness. First of all, let it be noted that I was NOT the biggest redneck at the event. I was well behaved, dressed appropriately and my clothing matched. I only had a small tear in the side of my jeans.


Mark Smeltzer, member & creator in Experimental Instrument Orchestra. This group creates its own instruments out of found materials & junk and is AMAZING! The fiddle he was playing is made from one of those old tennis rackets that had the wooden frame screwed down, a pie plate and a bunt pan with some wires and a violin bow. unreal. They just returned from playing in LONDON! Crazy cool and very inspiring. PLUS he gave me some ideas for places to go & hang out and do some pickin (my banjo hillbilly was showin a bit I admit).




A car entirely covered in BOTTLECAPS in an artful, creative manner. I'm totally going to start saving my bottlecaps now. What a great excuse to have a cold one!


A robotman doing the robot dance and pulling his battery power on the cart behind him. Awesome. I missed photos of Ironman and the bad guy from Ironman (what is he called, rustman?) They were amazing.

But I did happen to catch this action shot of someone's cute kid being detained by some Storm Troopers & Boba Fett.....

ok, that is my kid. Good thing there wasn't any carbonite around.

Here's my booth shots:




Oh yeah, FIBER & YARN were there too! Sorry, got no photos of the important stuff. I did happen to find a few braids & batts from these vendors. I promise photos tomorrow. There was an amazing booth of fiber & yarn & drop spindles & spinners spinning for Nerd Girl Yarns and Traci Bunkers had a sweet booth Bonkers too!

We'll be at Union Station (KC, MO) tomorrow from 10am-6pm. Come and say hi! I'm the first booth of the inside vendors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...