Saturday, May 21, 2011

Do over

So, even though I was pushing the envelope, out of my comfort zone, and trying new things....sometimes it just doesn't work. While I'm now in love with the odd combo of the orangish pink & green sock yarn I dyed last week, the greens just have NOT grown on me. It's jarring. It's odd. It's not right.
BEFORE:



SO, that means it's time for a do-over. While dying a crap ton of fiber yesterday, I threw those two skeins in a pot of green dye & lots of vinegar and VOILA! I love them.
AFTER:


Having extra dye bath left over that needed using made me wander about the stash. I found 6 skeins of malabrigo-like yarn in colors from the 80's, hunter green & dusty rose. *shudder* I see country blue and geese every time I think of those colors. *shudder* ok the yarn wasn't bad, just the NAMES of the hunter green & dusty rose? HORRID!
BEFORE:



After a bath in a large pot on the stove full of brick red dyes, it's transformed into gorgeousness!
AFTER:



My last little do-over was when I ran out of yarn & fiber but still felt the need to dye.... The new 'do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...