Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Unemployed!

I suddenly found myself reorganized right out of a job. SO, as anyone that had her priorities straight and finds herself suddenly unemployed, we're making cuts and scrimping and saving. Goodbye fancy Arbonne facial system, hello Oil of Olay. Goodbye shopping at the LYS, hello stash! (thank GOD for a sweet stash) Goodbye big F150 King Ranch Truck, hello rebuilt sad little dented and rebuilt trucklett (from my wreck last year). *sigh*

Hello ski trip. what? Yup. We're going the cheap route, (packing sandwiches, bringing our cooler full of food & drinks, staying free on the husband's points at hotels) but still living large and heading to Colorado with all 4 kids, the hubster and a van full of yarn. YAY! We're only skiing two days, but I figure that should be more than enough as none of the kids have skiied other than hitting the local mini ski place in MO once. I'm looking forward to the 10 hour drive each way. Another YAY! I'm taking ORANGE YARN and lots of it. 10 skeins of noro cash iroha in a fabulous bright and sunshiney ORANGE! I'm taking a few patterns and my knitpicks set of circs and we'll see what that yarn wants to grow up to be. Another AMEN for a sweet stash full of yarn.



The surprise of unemployment is actually a good thing, but it's stressful. We'll get through and I plan to ramp the heck out of the dying & spinning business when I return from the slopes. And as always, I'm knitting on....

Edited to add...I think I'll start the Snow White pattern from Ysolda. It's going to be called "Evil Stepmother" though as I'll be stuck in a van with FOUR CHILDREN (two of them step) and with the history of the overprotectiveness I exude as a mother and the throw-them-off-the-cliff-then-see-what-happens parenting plan of Outdoorsman, I'm going out on a limb and thinking there may potential for a little, um, venting of the frustrations. Just a hunch, but it's probably a good bet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...